how do I start OpenGL programing

Started by
4 comments, last by Myopic Rhino 18 years, 9 months ago
I want to start openGl programing but I dont know what I need to know can you guys hook me up with some starter tutorials and tools pls
Advertisement
Check out NeHe.
Nehe's clearly the most popular site for openGL, but this site has a bunch of tutorials too.
-------------------------------See my tutorial site: Click here
NeHe and if you're willing to pay, Gametutorials.com are really good sites. I prefer the GameTutorials.com ones because they're primarily written by one or two authors and each of them work off previous tutorials and build upto something. Although that site that aaron has looks rather nice as well, might pick up those up.
-----------------------Or, as I put it, MMORPG's are currently about attaining two primary things: strength and a shovel. The rest is you just shoveling sh** endlessly trying to get stronger to shovel more sh** so you can look for the next new shovel to shovel more sh** with. Once you are done, you can stand on top of a large pile of sh**, raise your golden sh** shoveler up high into the air and boast how proud you are to be the best sh** shoveler of them all. -Griffin_Kemp
if your willing to pay for it, i would have to recommend OpenGL Game Programming. if you want to make games with OpenGL, that is the perfect book to get.:-)
Quote:Original post by lack the hack
if your willing to pay for it, i would have to recommend OpenGL Game Programming. if you want to make games with OpenGL, that is the perfect book to get.:-)
I appreciate the nod, but as the author of both books, I'd recommend Beginning OpenGL Game Programming instead.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement