MSVC Profiler problems

Started by
6 comments, last by Bobboau 18 years, 8 months ago
trying to use the profiler, doesn't work. on program termination I get: "PREP : fatal error PRF1012: cannot read expected number of bytes from file i:\games\freespace2\fs2_open_d.pbo" I have tryed removeing all copies of the profile dll and exe outside the bin folder. it was working at one point in time I remember. and arg! zee google, eet does nutzing. any ideas?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
Advertisement
no ideas?
well is there a way to see if MSVC is putting in the profileing info like it's suposed to (sence the option is checked and the comand is in the litle box)?
if it isn't how would I manualy force it to, maybe calling the linker on the comand line?
You mean the profiler in VS.NET 2005 Beta 2? I'm not exactly sure what problem you're having, but I was able to get it to work by turning on all release-mode optimizations (/O2, Whole Program Optimization, ect...). Then I specified the /Zi command line switch because the profiler needs a .pdb file (I believe) to debug the application correctly (this is for "Instrumentation Mode"). I would see if trying that works.
ah, I should have clarified wich version, MSVC++ 6 enterprise ed, I'll try what you said.
nope, all I get is

"PREP : fatal error PRF1012: cannot read expected number of bytes from file..."

the pbo file (wich profile.exe makes)is empty, wich is makeing me think that the executeable is not getting linked with the stuff it needs, but I would expect this to cause an error mesage of some sort, or something.
I just tried resetting both the c++ and linker tbs, after getting it to build again, it had no effect, I still get the same problem.
would I get more responces in a diferent forum?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement