Im new, and I need help

Started by
8 comments, last by Inuyashakagome16 18 years, 7 months ago
Hi im new! Yeah. I want to start making video game. (what a suprise) I would like to make like a pacman or tetris clone to start. U know to get the hang of programming. The only programming I know is HTML. I would like help starting. like finding a compiler (free if possable) i think the programming laug i want to use to start is "C". Can anyone help? plz?
Advertisement
This could be useful.
Welcome, and good luck!

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Assuming you are using a Windows operating system, if you want a free C or C++ compiler, Microsoft has released Visual C++ .NET 2003 Professional compiler for free as a download (though it lacks the IDE). You can also use MinGW, a gcc port for Windows. For free IDEs you can try Code::Blocks or DevCpp.
thx for the links for the compiler and IDE. I kinda need a link for how to make a game really, the code it self. how to start. what code. that kind. not to be a pain but i really dont want to have to buy a book for code right now.
You don't buy a book for the code, you buy it to learn programming.
A book is the best way to go, but if not, google for C programming tutorials (and use the link provided by benryves - there are no shortcuts :p
A quick google turns up this, looks like a very fine site.. Once you've worked through a few hours of basic stuff you'll easily find beginners game programming on google to. Best of luck.
------ ----- ---- --- -- -Export-Games.com is searching for talented and friendly developers. Visit our Help Wanted post for more info!My Indie development uber Journal - A game production walk through.
Google is your best friend.
There are like a gazilion possibilities to start learning to program, search google for words or combination of words like C programming, tutorial etc etc.

I personally like http://www.ultimategameprogramming.com/ for code examples and http://www.cprogramming.com/ for tutorials.

Welcome to the community, i hope you have a nice stay here.
-->My Site<--
I strongy recomend to buy a book, its the best way to learn it without have to go to school for that.
You can also visit a library if you can't spend money to buy a book.
good luck!
Learn C++, it's not that much harder to learn than C and it's better for making video games. Just click on the beginners book section link on this website and buy a C++ book.
thx cha'll.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement