Spontaneous Directdraw Slowdown Problem

Started by
-1 comments, last by Platinum314 18 years, 7 months ago
I havn't been here fore quite a while. I used to visit this site quite a bit. However I have had this problem with DirectX that I haven't been able to fix, and it is really frustrating me. I feel like I should program only text adventures sometimes. Anyway one day my computer just all of a sudden ran directdraw programs (of any kind) at 1/4 their normal speed, or worse. At first I thought it was something wrong with my game that I was working on, but it turned out that all of the directdraw progams were this way. I have updated the video card, the video drivers, the ram, and the operating system but nothing works. (The problems happened before I got Windows XP) But what I think is strange is that the programs written using DX8 still go fine. I am thinking that the computer is checking the direct-draw routines to make sure they are safe, where our video card takes care of the 3d graphics. But it still doesn't make any sense.
The sentence below is true.The sentence above is false.And by the way, this sentence only exists when you are reading it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement