NEW VERSION: Curator Defense v1.3

Started by
23 comments, last by dbh 18 years, 5 months ago
Version 1.3 is now available for download. Have fun!

-dbh
------------------------------------------------------------GDC/IGF 2006 Student Showcase Submission: Curator Defense
Advertisement
this game reminds me of the warcraft 3 tower defence maps, this is so much fun, i got rank 9 in the high scores for non-stop mode.

do you think you will make an online multiplayer mode? where 2 museums combat eachother? you spawn artowrk to take over there museum and defend from artwork they send to you, that would be really fun!
If it's possible for us to conceive it, than it must be possible.
Actually, a mode very similar to what you described WAS in the design for Curator Defense. Unfortunately, I ran out of time to add networking features (it isn't hard, and the game's structure is left open-ended enough that it could be added later). Perhaps if I find the time first quarter 2006 I'll throw in a multiplayer feature... you're right, it would be a ton of fun!

Congrats on the rank in NonStop mode! I'm glad you like the game, Zmurf :)

-dbh
------------------------------------------------------------GDC/IGF 2006 Student Showcase Submission: Curator Defense
sweet, i'm goin for rank #1, and i just told my friend about it who loves this kinda game, after I finish my FPS, i wanna try and make a game like this.
If it's possible for us to conceive it, than it must be possible.
Cool! Goodluck on #1; Wayward currently still holds his spot for #1 on Nonstop... I have to tell you, he spent weeks perfecting that strategy! It's a beatable score though, so keep trying =)

As for this style of game... it's actually incredibly fun to develop this type of game. It takes all of the fun parts of RTS development (pathfinding, building, enemy/building interaction, etc.) yet leaves some of the more complex parts of an RTS out (enemy AI, for one).

-dbh

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement