New look?

Started by
83 comments, last by khawk 18 years, 5 months ago
Hi, just wondering, is there a difference between www.gamedev.net and www2.gamedev.net other that the look? If it's only the look, why not replace the old one instead of making the ww2?
bi-FreeSoftware
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by AdamGL
Hi, just wondering, is there a difference between www.gamedev.net and www2.gamedev.net other that the look? If it's only the look, why not replace the old one instead of making the ww2?

Probably that it doesn't work with Firefox.
Wow! Didn't know this. Changing my bookmarks... now!
I'm using firefox, works great!
bi-FreeSoftware
You found us out (actually we let it out at the Austin Game Conference).

The www2 site still has some issues, particularly with firefox, and it isn't updated regularly like the main site. However, what you see at www2.gamedev.net is the future design of the site and will be released for public consumption soon. I can't say how soon because we're more concerned about the recent server problems, but I do mean soon.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Cool. I found you guys because you emailed me to tell me my post was answered. Instead od webmaster@gamedev.net, it was from dave@gamedev.net. Nice look though!
bi-FreeSoftware
OMG, that looks awesome! I'm using that site from now on!
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
The www2 site is pretty sweet - I've been passing on some comments/bugs about it for a little while now [smile]

Although, there is definitely some history to the current GDNet stylings (even though I use a GDNet+ skin)... would be a shame to replace it; I'd prefer to have it as a choice of black-on-white or white-on-black.

Cheers,
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

A choice between this skin and the new one would be nice. I have a question: exactly how does this "www2" thing work? Last time I cecked, all websites began with "www".
BTW, I'm posting this from the new site!
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
I found another problem with www2; normally, capn_midnight's avatar is a picture of a dude saying "a dime!", but here it's a picture of a silver car.
It's a shame he won't see this post because of his rating filters... [crying]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement