Dev-C++ not creating exeutables

Started by
26 comments, last by RAZORUNREAL 18 years, 4 months ago
Well I have written 2 different apps that have arrays in them. It appears that Dev-C++ will not make an exe for anything that is using user-defined arrays.
Advertisement
Let me see if I can shed some light here...

Quote:g++.exe source.o -o "Project2.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib

This line is from your functional hello world program. It works just fine, right?

Quote:g++.exe array.o -o "11.1" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib

This is the nonfunctional one; the one you want to compile to an exe.

Well, it looks from the log as though your compiler is making a file called "11.1", and NOT the "11.1.exe" that you are expecting.

Just find the file named 11.1 and add the .exe extension to it. My suspicion is that when you named it 11.1, the compiler mistakenly took that to mean that you want to make the file with an extension of ".1" only, instead of the .exe extension.

Try to not use periods in your filenames. I think it confuses your compiler.

Hope this helps!
Deep Blue Wave - Brian's Dev Blog.
Well I have some sad news... due to my inability to get Dev-C++ to compile programs that have user-defined arrays in them I have switched to MS VS 2005. It is really too bad, I loved dev c++ setup.
Quote:Original post by BTownTKD
Well, it looks from the log as though your compiler is making a file called "11.1", and NOT the "11.1.exe" that you are expecting.

Just find the file named 11.1 and add the .exe extension to it. My suspicion is that when you named it 11.1, the compiler mistakenly took that to mean that you want to make the file with an extension of ".1" only. Try to not use periods in your filenames. I think it confuses your compiler.

Hope this helps!

yeah but i have had project called like 10.18 and 7.4 througth the first 10 days of the book and it worked fine. But I will try it and hopefully it works so that I can go back to dev c++ and not havet o deal with ms vs
Woot, ty btown and everyone else. Yeah for somereason after I updated dev c++ it was making the name 11.1 instead of like 10.4.exe like it was before but that was the problem so I guess ill have to start naming my project like so 11_1.
Ty so much.
Quote:Original post by DarkSuicide
Woot, ty btown and everyone else. Yeah for somereason after I updated dev c++ it was making the name 11.1 instead of like 10.4.exe like it was before but that was the problem so I guess ill have to start naming my project like so 11_1.
Ty so much.

Sorry, but to me this doesnt make much sense O_o
Quote:Original post by philipptr
Quote:Original post by DarkSuicide
Ty so much.

Sorry, but to me this doesnt make much sense O_o

11.1.exe makes the compiler think you want the extension .1, not .exe.
I'm don't think it should matter... Go to Project Options->Build Options tab and check Override output filename. Enter 11.1.exe in the box just below that and see if it works.
___________________________________________________David OlsenIf I've helped you, please vote for PigeonGrape!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement