Put your hands up

Started by
34 comments, last by Jojo_the_fluffy_bear 18 years, 4 months ago
Everyone who is sick of the majority of shows that are aired on tv put your hands up. I'm just getting so sick of all the shows that have incredibly repetitive storylines and that have blatantly obvious moral teachings that you can see in the first 10 seconds of the show. Is a little subtility and in depth storylines too much to ask for? Or do you think that the producers are just giving the general population what they want: brainless, depthless shows that are only good for veg'ing out in front of the tv?
[size="2"][size=2]Mort, Duke of Sto Helit: NON TIMETIS MESSOR -- Don't Fear The Reaper
Advertisement
I haven't watched TV shows that aren't Family Guy for a good while now, but I have watched internet shows like http://purepwnage.com. Although I still think Family Guy is funnier, purepwnage is something new and fresh you probably would never see on TV.
Everyone who doesn't watch TV(cept for the news once a month) PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR.
If I don't even have a TV, may I wave them around like I just don't care?
Quote:Original post by Sneftel

Are you speaking hypothetically, or do you actually not have a TV? The numbers of such people are dwindling these days, technology is catching up with us.

Back on topic... British TV is widely believed to be the best in Europe, and we have more satellite/cable music channels than any other country in the world.

But British TV usually stinks something awful. Dearie me, it gets really bad. So yes, I am sick of it.
Do you have specific examples? Can you name shows with an incredibly repetitive storyline with blatantly obvious moral teachings? Since you say that the majority of shows are like this, you shouldn't have too much trouble naming a few of them. I ask this because I find your complaint empty. It assumes that we already know exactly what you mean. When all that you've really told us is that you're sick of Austrailian television. I also ask because I'm curious about Austrailian television and the kinds of shows broadcast there. Without considering the contrast between the shows aired there and those aired here, a response to your question would just be a rant.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man

Probably, but not in a public place. You could hurt somebody.

I think Bill Hicks called television, Satans dream box. %90 of television is terrible, and the other %10 is excelent, but those programs are soon available on DVD, without the adds, whenever I want to watch them. Home improvement should be repeated forever though.
------ ----- ---- --- -- -Export-Games.com is searching for talented and friendly developers. Visit our Help Wanted post for more info!My Indie development uber Journal - A game production walk through.
Quote:Original post by ukdeveloper

Are you speaking hypothetically, or do you actually not have a TV?

I actually do not have a TV. I've thought about getting a TV tuner card for my computer, but TBH I don't miss it.
I am surprised by all the reality TV shows that are aired. Are they popular because a ton of people want to be on them or because they identify with the idiots that are picked to be on the show or what?

I wouldn't say the majority of shows are reality shows, but it seems like every network has a few of them. These shows don't really have storylines or any moral teachings what so ever (usually the bad person comes out on top).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement