monster truck physics

Started by
12 comments, last by John Schultz 18 years ago
C- i belive
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by emyers
C- i belive

Now that you've found a game/demo that looks good, have your programmer(s) study the game/demo and use something like PhysX/ODE to implement the monster truck physics. Have them start with one of the vehicle demos included in the physics package, then tweak until they get the desired behavior (reduce gravity, adjust springs+dampers, etc.). Your programmers should be reasonably skilled in C/C++, and have a good math background (able to work with linear algebra (vectors, matrices), basic differential equations, simple Newtonian physics, etc.).
i wish i did have a programming background but im only 15 and im learning this stuff so i can try to get a scholarship to college.
Quote:Original post by emyers
i wish i did have a programming background but im only 15 and im learning this stuff so i can try to get a scholarship to college.

Sign up for a free copy of Visual Studio 2005: info here. Start with C#: if there is a C# interface to PhysX (etc.), keep using C#, otherwise gradually start learning C++ in order to interface with the PhysX SDK (or physics engine of your choice). The free offer for VS2005 ends on Monday (Monday is the last day).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement