game not working on other comps

Started by
16 comments, last by theMadHatter 17 years, 8 months ago
Well. I have msvcp80.dll, msvcr80.dll, all those redistributile folders. I downloaded the .net framework 2.0 and installed that. And just to make sure I downloaded directx 9c aswell (which was already installed). So I don't know. If there is anything else then help. Anyone willing to compile it themselves and see if they can get it to work. Maybe it's just my compiler. Just a thought. This is annoying. ARGHGHHGHGHG. :(
Thanks for the help though guys :).
Advertisement
Hmm. Is it giving you the same "application configuration is incorrect" error, even with the redistribution DLLs in the app folder? You've got these files deployed on the target computer, right? That would be odd if that wasn't working - just including those files in the distribution fixed my problems immediately.

Maybe try creating a simple test project, and see if you can get that working on another computer.
It is just coming up with a blank white screen then closing immediately.
I'm creating a test project tonight. Thing is the computer I was working on is no longer available to me. So now I need to find a new computer to test on. I'll make it tonight and if anyone here want's to test it out they can. Thing is it will work if you have a compiler installed. Like I said before my old computer had dev-cpp installed on it and my game worked there. So anyone got a computer that never had a comiler installed willing to help me out :).
Thanks!
It is just coming up with a blank white screen then closing immediately.
I'm creating a test project tonight. Thing is the computer I was working on is no longer available to me. So now I need to find a new computer to test on. I'll make it tonight and if anyone here want's to test it out they can. Thing is it will work if you have a compiler installed. Like I said before my old computer had dev-cpp installed on it and my game worked there. So anyone got a computer that never had a comiler installed willing to help me out :).
Thanks!

Edit:
Okay here's the testing program.
http://edgeofitall.com/phil/misc/testing.exe

Edit: (again...)
I'm using the Directx April(2006) sdk if that changes anything.

[Edited by - theMadHatter on August 14, 2006 8:50:15 PM]
Well, the white screen thing doesn't sound like a distribution / WinSXS problem. If it behaves that way both on your development computer and another computer, then WinSXS isn't your problem, it's either something wrong with your code, or something that happened when you reconfigured your project, trying to fix the problem the first time. :P

I've got a couple computers without Visual Studio; I'll go ahead and try your test program when I get a chance (with and without the redistribution DLLs), just to make sure it does what I expect it will do.
The game works on my development computer.
Someone else tested it out too. And it worked on their computer. All it is is a console program. Maybe I should write a simple directx program just that blanks the screen or something?
MrAccident, I followed what you said and it worked fine.

Thank you very much
Maybe it is my testing computer. What sdk are you using anonymous. I'm assuming you'r using the same compiler.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement