The Museum of Broken Memories

Started by
4 comments, last by let_bound 17 years, 6 months ago

Welcome to the Museum of Broken Memories. A place of fragments, thoughts, and living nightmares - a paradox resting within the human soul. You may ask many questions: Where is it? What is it? And why are you there? But the true question is this: is there a way out?

Visit the homepage and download the game for free.
http://www.jonas-kyratzes.net
Advertisement
*Twilight Zone music playing*

It lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his dreams.
Quote:Original post by Ezbez
*Twilight Zone music playing*

It lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his dreams.

Actually, sort of...
I left the "launch TMOBM" checkbox checked in the installer, and the game "crashed": I could hear the music and see the processes in the system monitor, but there was nothing to be seen. That is, the video resolution was changed to 640x480, I saw a brief white flash, and then it was back to the desktop, at 640x480, and without an icon in the task list. Launching it from the menu afterwards worked though.

I finished a first fragment (the ruins). So far I like it, but then I'm a sucker for such "stories". The music is very atmospheric, but I found it a bit overwhelming after a moment (at least the ruins theme).

Of all your games so far, I'd say this one is my favorite already, but also probably the most abstract (although it likely isn't to you). I'd be curious to know how people are going to react to it.
Quote:Original post by let_bound
I left the "launch TMOBM" checkbox checked in the installer, and the game "crashed": I could hear the music and see the processes in the system monitor, but there was nothing to be seen. That is, the video resolution was changed to 640x480, I saw a brief white flash, and then it was back to the desktop, at 640x480, and without an icon in the task list. Launching it from the menu afterwards worked though.

I finished a first fragment (the ruins). So far I like it, but then I'm a sucker for such "stories". The music is very atmospheric, but I found it a bit overwhelming after a moment (at least the ruins theme).

Of all your games so far, I'd say this one is my favorite already, but also probably the most abstract (although it likely isn't to you). I'd be curious to know how people are going to react to it.

That's weird. The crashing, I mean - has never happened so far. What type of system are you running this on?

As for the abstraction, I actually agree - and, if you explore the game further, you will see that it's part of the theme.

So far people are really loving the game, much to my surprise. The review sites are generally ignoring it, as they always do. JustAdventure+ is going to do a review one of these days - I wonder what it'll be like.
Quote:Original post by JonasKyratzes
That's weird. The crashing, I mean - has never happened so far. What type of system are you running this on?

Actually it's my fault: I clicked on the explorer window when the splash screen appeared, which sent your game to the background, but the resolution switched to 640x480 nonetheless. I couldn't see it behind the explorer window, in the task list or in the application list when I hit Alt+Tab. Closing the explorer window simply took me back to the game.

Sorry about the false positive.

Quote:As for the abstraction, I actually agree - and, if you explore the game further, you will see that it's part of the theme.

I just finished it, and I understand. [smile] I found the last fragment a bit frustrating, but also very interesting. Another fragment made me smile, because it reminded me of what my game projects tend to look like.

Overall, the game kept me interested. I wasn't sure at all what was going on, and whenever I thought I had it figured out, the next fragment would contradict me. I even liked the references to Blake and Eliot.

Quote:So far people are really loving the game, much to my surprise. The review sites are generally ignoring it, as they always do. JustAdventure+ is going to do a review one of these days - I wonder what it'll be like.

I'll keep an eye on it. I actually enjoy your style. [smile]

EDIT: typo

[Edited by - let_bound on October 1, 2006 7:47:01 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement