How To Make the Lounge Better

Started by
123 comments, last by Oluseyi 17 years, 6 months ago
Ditto. I've noticed a significant increase in the amount of hand-wringing in the Lounge over whether one's own words are contributing to a reasoned discussion, or simply throwing wood on the fire. If only there were some way to hold on to that.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Mephs
Just an interesting little sidenote, but i just thought I'd stop and actually look at the current lounge content.

You can't see all the closed and deleted threads. Also, look back a few pages.

Plus, you're giving up our secret! We hold these conventions every once in a while to scare the plebs into posting interesting things when we feel the Lounge has gotten dull. [evil]
I personally don't care at all about some the things a lot of you say are "ruining" the lounge. I don't think the amount of crap that happens in a forum makes much of a dent at all in the quality of the forum. I think the presence of positives are much more important than the lack of negatives. I can always either ignore or enjoy arguments or other things that happen that are frowned on. But if there's a lack of interesting or funny content, then what's the point of coming to read? The biggest thing that turns me off from a forum is when everyone in it is tight-assed.
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
Ditto. I've noticed a significant increase in the amount of hand-wringing in the Lounge over whether one's own words are contributing to a reasoned discussion, or simply throwing wood on the fire. If only there were some way to hold on to that.

Sometime fires are good.

"I put on some hemlock-boughs, and the rich salt crackling of their leaves was like mustard to the ear, the crackling of uncountable regiments. Dead trees love the fire." - Henry David Thoreau
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Moving this over to the CSI forum.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement