Games surprisingly Good.

Started by
85 comments, last by Jeff_Palmer 17 years, 2 months ago
Arcanum
I don't know why, but when I picked up this game I wasn't expecting much. However, it really was quite good. While the graphics were a bit dated (even for the time) the story was compelling, the characters interesting, and the gameplay addicting. Really, one of the best CRPGs I've ever played.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Mikle3
There's a game called Castle Of The Winds, which I the first RPG I played probably. I had it in school, and it was the only game there so me and my friends always played it, although it looks quite bad (maybe I'm just comparing it to today's graphics). Actually I got the game once in a trip to Europe...I think it's less than 1MB, which is a terrible waste of a CD-Rom :)

Mikle

I was a big fan of Castle of the Winds. I tried playing the sequel some years later in a futile attempt to recapture the magic.

Jackson Allan
The first Pokemon game (on gameboy)
Quote:Original post by kryat
Starsiege: Tribes... Bought the game on a pure whim during the christmas season of its release, and it proceded to consume the next 2 or 3 years of my life.

It still consumes my life.

To contribute:

Ultima Online
Asheron's Call
The Metroid Series

So many more.
www.jiblife.info
I work at a Burger King close to Dallas TX and I remember selling those games. Sneak King was the first to go. The others were Big Bumpin and Pocket Bike racer, all which had BK theme to them. I never tried them because I don't have the XBox or 360.

Quest for Glory: First I though is just another DOS quest, but it's so much more. The graphics were quite good for that time and you can still "digest" it even today. But the story and gameplay was incredible, I think it is the ancestor of today's RPGs.

Inherit the Earth This one was REALLY amazing, it's a quest in a world of animals where magical things (high technology remains from a long gone race called humans) are the center of the action. The game ends dramatically when the quest object, a magical sphere (a nuclear powered supercomputer device) gets lost into a river... I just loved the story.
Quote:Original post by LeChuckIsBack
Quest for Glory: First I though is just another DOS quest, but it's so much more. The graphics were quite good for that time and you can still "digest" it even today. But the story and gameplay was incredible, I think it is the ancestor of today's RPGs.

Yes! Always good to find another Quest for Glory fan. You should look up the other games in the series [1, 4].
Quote:Original post by mhamlin

Yes! Always good to find another Quest for Glory fan. You should look up the other games in the series [1, 4].

I completely forgot about Quest for Glory: So you Want to be a Hero? Classic. Baba Yaga pwns. "Hut of Brown, now sit down!"

LOL, don't worry about that, I played them all. It was so nice to cast spells, even if just for practice. But I liked the first best, don't know exactly why, maybe because they changed the graphics style and increased the dificulty of the puzzles (I remeber it was so hard to throw dust into that air elemental)... And I loved that simple music in QG1 - it sound good even on the pc speaker [smile].

I heard some people work on some remakes similar to those of King's Quest I and II. For example: PICTURE

LOL, don't worry about that, I played them all. It was so nice to cast spells, even if just for practice. But I liked the first best, don't know exactly why, maybe because they changed the graphics style and increased the dificulty of the puzzles (I remeber it was so hard to throw dust into that air elemental)... And I loved that simple music in QG1 - it sound good even on the pc speaker [smile].

I heard some people work on some remakes similar to those of King's Quest I and II. For example: PICTURE

I'm a big Quest for Glory fan too, although I wouldn't list it as "surprisingly good" as I expected it to be good [smile].

My favourite is the second one though, Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire. I'm eagerly awaiting the fan remake by AGD Interactive which has been in development for ages, but I expect judging from their previous remakes of the King's Quest games that the end result will be superb.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement