PyOpenGL Forums

Started by
29 comments, last by Geometrian 16 years, 9 months ago
As the title suggests, I think there should be a dedicated PyOpenGL forum for people who only program python but want to use OpenGL. This would prevent double posting in the "Scripting Languages and Game Mods" forum and "OpenGL" forum.

[size="1"]And a Unix user said rm -rf *.* and all was null and void...|There's no place like 127.0.0.1|The Application "Programmer" has unexpectedly quit. An error of type A.M. has occurred.
[size="2"]

Advertisement
Here ya go!
I was thinking of something on GameDev.net, as there are a lot of excellent programmers here.

[size="1"]And a Unix user said rm -rf *.* and all was null and void...|There's no place like 127.0.0.1|The Application "Programmer" has unexpectedly quit. An error of type A.M. has occurred.
[size="2"]

Or you could just pick a forum and not crosspost. PyOpenGL is too specific to have an entire forum dedicated to it here.
GameDev can't have a forum for every combination of programming language and library. There would be such an explosion of forums if one was dedicated to every niche.

If your problem has to do with OpenGL, you can paste your problem in the OpenGL forum and most other programmers will be able to read your Python code well enough to help you.
That's what I've been doing, but sometimes it's hard to find someone who knows enough python to help.
Quote:Original post by Simian Man
GameDev can't have a forum for every combination of programming language and library. There would be such an explosion of forums if one was dedicated to every niche.
I do see what you mean though.

[size="2"]

Also, hardly anybody uses OpenGL and Python, sadly. Such a forum would be very empty. I intend starting out with soon, though. I'll try and scan the OpenGL forum more often to look for these. Until then, make sure you have Python in the subject line when posting in the OpenGL forum, or OpenGL in the subject line when posting in the Scripting Languages forum.
You could make the OpenGL forum contain subclasses for various bindings to various languages. Recently, I've been putting the line "All code here will be Python" and such at the top of the post when showing code, and "Request replies in Python" for returning code. It seems to work well enough, though often people forget to do so, give me C++ code anyway, or just don't read my post entirely (or at all) and so just don't know.
G

[size="2"]

Given that our forums don't have "subclasses", that would be decidedly non-trivial. Generally wrong-language replies are better than no replies at all though.
Quote:Original post by Kylotan
Given that our forums don't have "subclasses", that would be decidedly non-trivial.
I'm sure it could be done. I've seen it done.
Quote:Original post by KylotanGenerally wrong-language replies are better than no replies at all though.
Of course.

[size="2"]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement