what LNG do i need ?

Started by
57 comments, last by Malazar 16 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by iceDeath
why do you take tis as im gonna make this game alone ?
ive said WITH A TEAM - WITH PEOPLE THAT LOT MORE BTTER THEN ME
SO PLZ STOP TELLING ME HOW HARD IT GONNA BE.

just tell me what CODEING LNG i need thats it ( DOT )
If there's going to be people better than you, why not let them decide on the language? People have already told you several times which language to use - whichever you're (or your team is) most comfortable using.
Advertisement
¬_¬

hm hm.

i dont need other help and i all ready said that im not atotaly beginner
and i know what is HARD WORK.
and i know what is PROBLEMS
so if i would need other help i would just ASK !
SHEEEEASH !

BTW
yes yes thats the point i dont know a shit about programing i talk for other
programer ok ?
i just ask you what CODES DO I NEED FOR THE GAME so he can write them
ITS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND THIS ????
im not the programer
and i dont care if i said im a progamer becuse i dont care about what people
think about me.

Okay, to be actually helpful, people already told you what languages you can use to program. You will not get a better answer than the ones you have so you may as well just stop talking and learn to program already. To reiterate:
Quote:Original post by SimonForsman
Here is a few suggestions:
(in no particular order)
Java
C#
Python
C++
VB.Net
+ a whole bunch of other languages.

You might also want to pick up SQL (for the database). (not necessary but it does simplify things alot)

That's it. We will not tell you what language is best because there isn't one.

C++: A Dialog | C++0x Features: Part1 (lambdas, auto, static_assert) , Part 2 (rvalue references) , Part 3 (decltype) | Write Games | Fix Your Timestep!

Quote:Original post by Evil Steve

If there's going to be people better than you, why not let them decide on the language? People have already told you several times which language to use - whichever you're (or your team is) most comfortable using.

yes. but i wont say these people are pros
i said alot more better then me
but not you or you or you there.

like they know the basics of codeing in c++
but their not PROS

and why you do telling me stuff that i dont need
ive just askd what LNG is better for MMOrpg ?

The fact that you are asking this I think means you are not ready for an MMORPG.
No offense, im sure you could do it eventually, but within 2-3 years is out of the question.

and if you are asking this question for other programmers on your theam, then they are also not ready if they are asking this question.
you think so but you shuld try it and you would see that your gona make it
my brother dont know a shit abut c++ but he just sit on the pc for
accuple of mounts and he build a litle MMO game i wont say it was
a PRO game but any way it was cool.
but still it was more as a mini MOO game.
ok cool. I would still strive for making something really small at first. I think the reason everyone seems a little harsh on you is because you said oblivion in your first post. I think if you really want a good answer this is what you should do first, Tell everyone here exactly the type of game you wanna make.
make, like how do you want the graphics to be, what are the features you want. ect.
and then someone can give you a better idea of where to start with that. :)
If you want to jump into programming and start your first game as an MMO without even knowing a programming language.

(besides don't do it, but you don't seem to be listening to this so I'll offer another suggestion)

Learn Erlang (the programming language, check Wikipedia for it and other things by the name of Erlang).

Why Erlang? Because it looks to be well suited to dealing with large numbers of connections to a server. The nature of the language apparently allows you to easily split up a program to run on more than one processors.

You may want to pick up another language to do the client in as well, I would suggest Python (with Pygame, it is hot and I'm tired, so we'll call them tools that you use with the Python Language to make thing easier)

These two languages should let you get fairly simple games up and running easily.

remember, learning to make games isn't something you do in a few weeks. It takes years to do well. Take your time, and keep these things in mind:

There is NO God of Programming Languages.
If you master a language, and claim you can do anything in it better than I can in another language, I'll likely be able to find something I can do better and/or faster in another language.

You never know enough languages.
The more languages you know, the more ways you can tackle a problem. Languages are tools, you don't want to build a house with just a hammer do you? A saw might be nice eventually won't it?

Take your time, be flexible.
Things don't happen over night, and maybe you'll get bored of something. Be willing to walk away from projects you don't have fun with, but don't abandon everything the second it gets hard.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Quote:ok cool. I would still strive for making something really small at first. I think the reason everyone seems a little harsh on you is because you said oblivion in your first post. I think if you really want a good answer this is what you should do first, Tell everyone here exactly the type of game you wanna make.
make, like how do you want the graphics to be, what are the features you want. ect.
and then someone can give you a better idea of where to start with that. :)

well if you know the game OBLIVION so i want that kinda graphics
i wont say i want it to be totaly the same.
all what i mean is that OBLIVION has alot of Bevel effects
and this effetcs make the game graphics look really good.
if you want to read our game line (story) i can PM you.
and Fetures i dont really know.
becuse ive workd here with my budy only on the story.
and i think its cool :)
i would really like if you would read it.
if youll read it you may understand our game plan

[Edited by - iceDeath on August 4, 2007 10:45:41 AM]
You seem to know that MMO's are hard, but it seems you don't know how hard they really are, nor how expensive, which I doubt you took into coinsideration.

Quote:
like they know the basics of codeing in c++
but their not PROS

If they only know the basics, then again: No. They are not ready to takle an entire MMO. Imagine trying to build a skyscraper without knowing proper design, nor the materials needed for the job. You, obviously, don't know the materials needed or you would not be posting here.

Also, if they know some C++, why not use that as the primary language? o.0

Everyone here is just trying to help you. Why post in a forum if you are not going to tae their advice?

Quote: ive said WITH A TEAM - WITH PEOPLE THAT LOT MORE BTTER THEN ME

Quote:
ok so im working on a game that may take me one or two years to complete it.
mybe even more

What is your team? What does it consist of? Unless you have several tens of thousands of dollers, dedicated servers, a large team, and *years* of development time, you are not going to make a large scale 3d MMO at the Oblivion/Gothic 3 level. It is simply not possible.
OK !
i said i dont want it to be that BIG and GRATE as oblivion or gothic 3
do you even read what i say on the last message ?

you saw the game M&B - Mount and blade
this game looks really really good becuse of the graphics
so here what i mean i dont want the game SO BIG !

cheak out M&B web site
http://www.taleworlds.com/

the game is really simaple.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement