Started by
17 comments, last by Kylotan 16 years, 3 months ago
is it possible?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
Quote:Original post by elisha464
I have an exe file
and I want to make a program that opens this exe file inside an API window
basicly I want to make an exe file that is a graphics window and it can open onther exe file inside it

You have to understand that visually "inside" (that is, on the screen) has nothing to do with one EXE file being inside another. So it sounds like the file layout isn't important to you; what's important is how things look on-screen. Right?

yes
I want to know if I can really do that
the purpose is that u wont see two api windows opened
if you are talking about internet explorer or windows movieplayer yes they supports embeding or script controls directly.

i think c++ too and most of the languages supports moving or resizing applications from outside but not directly embeding like internet explorer makes for some applications.
© Loading... !!!
Please Wait...!
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
I have an exe file
and I want to make a program that opens this exe file inside an API window
basicly I want to make an exe file that is a graphics window and it can open onther exe file inside it

You have to understand that visually "inside" (that is, on the screen) has nothing to do with one EXE file being inside another. So it sounds like the file layout isn't important to you; what's important is how things look on-screen. Right?

yes

In general, no. You'd have to hook the program's CreateWindow call to set a different parent, but I assume it's bad mojo to have the parent window owned by a different process. Depending on what exactly you're doing, what the programs involved are, etc. there might be an alternative way of doing it, but in the general case I'd say the issues involved are far above your skill level.
this is really important for me
can u please at least point me to the right direction
As I told you: this is above your skill level in the general case. You'd have to use dynamic library loading to open the child app in the parent's process space--a rather deep hack as it is--and hook the window creation functions, itself a rather tricky process. What is the app you're trying to embed?
its a game engine with a lost source code
Is it huge? Won't it be easier to remake it from scratch?
yes

its a game engine with a lost source code

So, you want to take someone else's game that you can't modify, and pass it off as your own. Right?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement