new platformer. Plz comment

Started by
3 comments, last by Boder 16 years, 3 months ago
Hi Eary demo up. Plz comment on strangeness, bugs, feeling etc. I know the slopes are messed up (i hate those slopes!) Thanks E platform.rar screen.jpg [Edited by - suliman on January 28, 2008 7:47:27 AM]
Advertisement
i liked the graphics and the movement felt right for the most part.

a couple of things though tho :
-I was expecting to be able to run and crouch to get past the big ? made of blocks.
-i was able to wall jump as high as i wanted over any walls
-by trying to wall jump on the right sided green wall, i was able to break it.

You should be aware of the fact that screenshots can attract a great deal of testers, even if it is just a demo.
screenie you got!
fixed walljumping and crouch-sliding.

One concern i have is that most enemies will be fought with sword and bow, and control-scheme is very mario-like. (You can jump over most enemies). On the other side you might want their drops when you kill them. I guess it worked in metroid...

E
Platformers are my favorite. I read your other post, so I am also replying to it.

I can see your putting in the work for the mechanics which is crucial for this type of game. With the infinite wall jump I can stand on air at the top of the level. Some games push you away from the wall after you wall jump.

I've helped with Secret Maryo Chronicles, which you should check out if only to see that it isn't tile-based.

Myself, I'm now working on the Pixel Joint Game which is going to be tile-based.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement