An untapped Genre, and an idea of a possible game.

Started by
104 comments, last by Zooch 15 years, 10 months ago
Thats Great!!!

Its good to know youve made quite a bit of progress, and hopefully we can get a team together to work on this project, cant wait to see the screenshots and other things!!!!!!
Advertisement
So Vipperr, will you be making a map editor to make construcing levels easier? If so I have some mapping experience, I could help that way :D
yay : ) as far as the map goes it seems like we have people who could do that : )
Quote:Original post by LOOY
I was thinking of making a game like this, I haven't started anything yet and[...] emersion.

I think these are very nice ideas.
This kinda a game gives u the kind of feeling you are really inside the game, outside its not safe! Inside it is! You and your friends gotta survive!

What if u could put bariers and yeah, make things in a way that endless strategies could be used by u and your teammates to defend and survive!

The insides of buildings could be very groomy! In many places the lights wouldnt work or the generators and u had to go fix them! And it would be a mess around, so you would be afraid to turn your back to anyplace and always think where u are and ur comrades!!!

I myself would like to help do a game like this, unfortunetely programming its not my thing, i am very newbie modeler(can model a glass and a door maybe :D),
i can make some simple music for it and i can help with ideas so if anybody wants to do this LETS GO ! :D
Quote:Original post by PaulCesar
Except I would remove the radar :). One of the fun things about zombie/horror games is you dont see things coming. Your afraid of opening that door because there could very well be some undead brain sucking mutant on the other side of it. Honestly this could be one of the best co-op style online FPS games out there if it were done up right. I mean take 10 people, stick them in a fairly decent sized city in their bedrooms armed with only a pistol, and set them loose. And respawns can be very painfull aswell, you know that if you lose a guy to a zombie, said person becomes a zombie, and his actual charactor responds in another bedroom or something.

I dont really like the "last man standing" gameplay.

Thats the core of it!

Lets make a web place whre we can get things together and discuss them, something like irc channel or another threat.
Quote:Original post by Lopherus
Lets make a web place whre we can get things together and discuss them, something like irc channel or another threat.

Alright guys, mainly LOOY and Viperr,(if we start this they will be head workers) it all pretty much comes down to this:

Do we make a website etc. and officially start working on this project as a team?

Well tell me what you guys think.
For the barricading feature, you could use ODE (Open Dynamics Engine)
Let he who will move the world first move himself--Socrates
I am ready.

Maybe no need for a website but just somewhre we can exchange files and talk.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us<br /><br />QuickPost
This is a genre of games that I've been looking for as well. A large scale sandbox world with survival horror style gameplay, just like the OP said. Something like a "Cloverfield" or "of the Dead" theme could be really interesting.

I think games of this type would really benefit from procedural content generation. That way you could have immense areas with cities etc which you could fight to take control over (or complete some other goal). Then for the next "round" it could be a completely different area. I don't think the procedural tech is quite were it needs to be to create something of adequate quality, yet, but certainly it's something that will be done eventually.

It would be nice to see an MMO around something like this that wasn't about killing 1000 zombies to "earn" a new shiny shotgun. Instead it should be something more realistic where any weapon basically could do the job and more focus would be on player skill and strategy, instead of the ability to enter a semi-vegetative state like in today's typical MMO grinds.

Obviously there should be vehicles, the possibility to make barricades, as much features as possible. You should basically be able to try and do all the stuff right, which the zombie movies survivors inevitably end up doing wrong. :)
GMod Zombie Survival anyone?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement