Skate Engine?

Started by
15 comments, last by Enlighter 15 years, 11 months ago
it's better that messages like that are public, as they disclose very little information, and I'm not a one stop shop for information.

What platforms is this targeting(do you have a devkit for any consoles or is it PC only?)

The only engine that comes to mind off the top of my head with support for huge worlds, physics, dual analog, and online play is Torque Game Engine Advanced. I don't know of any engine that'll do the gameplay modes for you though, but it does have an in game editor.

Maybe someone else here can chime in.
Advertisement
We are targeting PC only right off the bat as we don't have the funding to get the dev kits on top of design the game itself.

And as for the game modes, isn't that something we could add in as needed? Or would it need to be set up in the game engine from the get go?
www.jiblife.info
Product page won't load for it, but maybe you can educate me a bit on the gameplay/level editor. That can be coded from the ground up and added to the engine I assume?
www.jiblife.info
Wait a second, I smell something.
Quote:Original post by Enlighter
We have the funding to get a hold of just about any engine that is available ...
...we don't have the funding to get the dev kits on top of design the game itself.

*blink*

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Last I checked dev kits and game engines are two completely different things and investors are VERY strict with what they will allow us to use their money for.

If you wanna point out my errors, or my lack of being able to communicate on a subject I know relatively nothing about (game engines that is), that's your call.

Eedok, it looks like torque might be a good solution, or at least a good place to start with research wise. And it is also extremely cheap, WAY less then what we thought we would need as far as engine costs.

Last I remember reading anything about engine licensing was 5-6 years ago and the pricing was in the 100k+ range.

If anyone else has more information please share it.
www.jiblife.info
EA has internal technology they use for all their games.
Quote:The main things we find attractive about the engine are the large playable world, with little to no load times
That's called streaming. See GTA 3 and on, or Need for Speed, or...you get the idea.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Promit,

thank you, yeh I have actually learned quite a bit about engines, just from reading the history of the torque engine and how it has expanded over the years. I also have looked into the euphoria engine, quite something, really nice AI work.

The torque engine is really looking quite attractive right now because it has a very solid online function built into it, on top of providing a slew of features we were looking for right off the bat.

This is going to be quite a fun learning experience for me and I thank everyone again for the information that has been provided.
www.jiblife.info

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement