I've been here 7 years.

Started by
73 comments, last by Sphet 15 years, 10 months ago
Well, seven years and a day. Wow. I feel old. Any other old-timers want to come join me at the park bench and yell at the young whippersnappers?

Chris 'coldacid' Charabaruk – Programmer, game designer, writer | twitter

Advertisement
I was looking through my early post history the other day and it's positively embarassing. This is my second account too, I don't dare look at the stupid things I said/did on my other one.
[size=2]
I've had only the one account. But yeah, I have some embarrassing early posts too. And more recent embarrassing ones too... Probably a third to a half of my posts are regrettable to some level. And a greater percentage of threads I've started.

Remember my dating threads? Oh lawls.

Just shy of six years for me. I find it pretty crazy how far I've come, though. When I first joined I was at a community college and since then I've switched over to a real university and gotten a degree, gotten a job as a game designer and just got promoted to studio designer. Six years ago I only wished I'd be where I am today... and it is all because of the inspirations I had gotten from GameDev.net. Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating a bit.

Yeah, looking back, I've had some pretty dumb posts in my past.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
There's been so many dating threads I doubt anyone remembers yours specifically :)

I appeared to have not liked bishop_pass very much and made a lot of posts to the effect. I remember him being kind of a dick but in retrospect I'm the one who came off looking like a tool. I think he's banned now so I'm vindicated or something :P
[size=2]
Quote:Original post by coldacid
I've had only the one account. But yeah, I have some embarrassing early posts too. And more recent embarrassing ones too... Probably a third to a half of my posts are regrettable to some level. And a greater percentage of threads I've started.

Remember my dating threads? Oh lawls.

Eh, everything is obvious in hindsight. I, among others, should never have used this site as a personal blog. Oh well.
wild: My dating threads were special enough for boolean to have done a comic based on them. Shame that I can't find it anywhere, though -- will have to ask our good boolean to send me a copy (if he still has one).

Quote:Original post by wild_pointer
There's been so many dating threads I doubt anyone remembers yours specifically :)
[lol] not so.

Quote:Original post by EtnuBwahaha. I would've shot the guy in the balls.
We are all quite old.
Aces!

Ahhh the good ol' days back when we didn't realise it was good and ol' it was just the days. Back with fongerchat and... wait. Anyone care to share these rose-tinted glasses I found?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement