Accessing implementation from .lib

Started by
0 comments, last by Nyarlath 15 years, 3 months ago
Evening all, Just a quick question, ive started working with lib files only today in order to make things a little easier for myself when creating new apps. I have the lib compiling nicely the problem i am having is obtaing the implementation from the lib once it is linked to the application using it. I get the linker error error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol I have the general header that holds the function i would like to call included in application and its linked to the project through the Additional Include Directories my dilemma is now where the lib should be linked, normally i would add it into the Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies, but its not finding the lib file when i add it, ive added the reference to the lib(i think) through the Common Properties-> Framework and References. But yet it seems that the lib is evading the application some how. ---edit--- Ive also added the correct directory in the Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories ---------- Anyone any feedback? Thanks [Edited by - terry_burns85 on January 18, 2009 8:02:27 PM]
---Terence Burns---
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by terry_burns85
normally i would add it into the Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies, but its not finding the lib file when i add it

That's the right way to do it. Make sure you set the full path, or add the path to "Linker->General->Additional Library Directories".

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement