pass variable

Started by
21 comments, last by Claudio 15 years, 3 months ago
Quote:Original post by Namethatnobodyelsetook
I've never used ApplyParameterBlock, so you can probably safely ignore that call.

When I run the application, I can see (in a part of Visual Studio C++ .Net) the messagge "ApplyParameterBlock failed". The apllication run but don't change the color of the 3D object in function directly of the share variable.
Advertisement
Is the technique you're attempting to use valid on your graphics card?

The technique are: "perPixel", "perVertex" e "vertexOnly":

technique perPixel{	pass single	{		stateblock = <commonState>;		VertexShader = compile vs_1_1 PerPixelVS(world,view,proj);		PixelShader  = compile ps_2_0 PerPixelPS(positionProbeLeftHand);	}}technique perVertex{    pass single    {    	stateblock = <commonState>;		VertexShader = compile vs_1_1 PerVertexVS(world,view,proj, positionProbeLeftHand);		PixelShader  = compile ps_1_1 PerVertexPS();    }}technique vertexOnly{	pass single   {   stateblock = <commonState>;	VertexShader = compile vs_1_1 PerVertexVS(world,view,proj, positionProbeLeftHand);	PixelShader  = null;   }}

as the same that I use in the code. And I've only one "pass" ("pass single") fr each technique.

Quote:If I use only one effect with three technique, as in the code you have written, I set the share variable for the techinque A to 1.0f, B to 2.0f and C to 3.0f and not A, B and C to 3.0f ???

This was to demonstrate that if the variable is used across techniques, the value is global, and not specific to one technique. You can't just set a value per technique during initialization, you need to update the variable as you are rendering each object.

So, I prefer to work with three effects, where each have only one technique, and not with one effect with three technique inside.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement