downloading SampleFramework.dll

Started by
2 comments, last by Zao 14 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I have got the mini triangles C# app working and expanded it to do squares and gotten used to the sizes and coordinate spaces. Now I want to do a looking at transformation so I can have depth. I hoped to figure out how to do this from a sample that had depth perception in it but all the other samples require SampleFramework which I have downloaded via SVNs but it won't compile. Theres 200 errors all complaining about missing bodies (According to the FBI 1,500 bodies go missing off the highway each year in america, not sure how many of them come from this app). This could be to do with me having to change the .csproj inport statement to: <Import Project="$(MSBuildBinPath)\Microsoft.CSharp.targets" /> I also have to read the SlimDX reference, maybe I have an old version or something? Anyway all I really care about is getting Particles to load so I can see an application working with depth perception (I'm assuming it has this). So is there a place I can download a ready compiled version of SampleFramework.dll to add to the project as a dll reference. I am using Windoze XP. Thanks muchly, I'm away to notify the authorities about the missing bodies.
Advertisement
I can't quite see why you need the Sample Framework assembly to be able to read the source code of the other samples.
Just look at the code, see what it does, and do similar things in your own code?
Or look up a decent reference like the DirectX SDK documentation.

The sample framework itself is not intended to be used in production code, it's just to remove the boring boilerplate of the samples.

To make it is hell. To fail is divine.

I'd like to be able to compile the tutorials I read, its a lot easier to tell whats going on once you've looked at what output it produces.

Then I recommend downloading the whole SlimDX tree and building the whole solution (make sure to build it in Debug or Release, not Public).

It should build cleanly out of the box.

To make it is hell. To fail is divine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement