Looking for a game with different classes of enemies

Started by
4 comments, last by sjkim990 14 years, 1 month ago
Im looking for a game to download for use with my Masters project. I need a game that is fairly simple but the AI has different classes. A war game for example where there are different types of units. My MAsters Proposal is to see how well a SVM and it online learning function can be used in game AI to control multiple agents. If anyone has a game like this theyve developed or know of one online id be really grateful. I know i could make my own, and thats the backup plan, but i really would prefer not to spend my summer over the computer if possible. Cheers
Advertisement
A couple of years ago I and some friends of mine built a turn-based strategy game for an AI course. The game was set up to allow AI clients to connect to it. You can download the game + AI client here, and here's some more information. If you're interested, I can send you the source + protocol documentation.
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.
Take a look at rogue like games i.e. angband. They are all rpgs, but contain different AI behaviour for each monster. It is free, many derivations exists, and you can take a look at the source code or even change it.

Good luck :)

Cheers lads. Ill have a look at the weekend.
Quote:Original post by Captain P
A couple of years ago I and some friends of mine built a turn-based strategy game for an AI course. The game was set up to allow AI clients to connect to it. You can download the game + AI client here, and here's some more information. If you're interested, I can send you the source + protocol documentation.

This is great and looks promising for my purposes. Could you please send on the source and documentation. They would be hugely helpful.

[Edited by - discodowney on March 7, 2010 9:35:32 AM]
looks really awesome...I hope to use this information

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement