So, std::vector is...??

Started by
26 comments, last by XTAL256 13 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by Daaark
Quote:Original post by boogyman19946

haha, Here is the reference ^.^ :

Stroustrup claims C++ is a joke

heh, I have never had a greater laugh in my life XD The man is a genius.
Is that real? Seems made up. But hilarious anyways.

http://www2.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#IEEE

Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Daaark

haha, Here is the reference ^.^ :

Stroustrup claims C++ is a joke

heh, I have never had a greater laugh in my life XD The man is a genius.
Is that real? Seems made up. But hilarious anyways.

It's a very funny fake.
Hehe, I wasn't sure if it was really a fake, but I doubt someone would spend that much time to create a new language just as a joke. Even more ridiculous, write a book that's thicker than bible about it.

Yo dawg, don't even trip.

Quote:Original post by Antheus
Quote:Original post by maspeir

Yes, I know. My point was that Microsoft hides the code to any and all internal C/C++ ANSI and other standards in DLLs and LIBs. This means I would need to understand x86 assembly (which I don't) to see how these are implemented internally. Compilers used to provide the code along with the libraries.

STL is completely templated, which means every compiler delivers full source code - it's all headers. Including Microsoft's.
There is much more to the code than just the templated bits. Microsoft ships the entirety of the code with Visual Studio, which means you can debug into both the C and C++ runtimes.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Hehe, I wasn't sure if it was really a fake, but I doubt someone would spend that much time to create a new language just as a joke. Even more ridiculous, write a book that's thicker than bible about it.
It was obviously a joke, but it could have been a real interview where Bjarne was just having some fun. Stranger things have happened.

[...]but I doubt someone would spend that much time to create a new language just as a joke.[...]

There are languages created as a joke, such as HQ9+ (See the joke language list on the esoteric programming language wiki). Unless you meant as much time as they put into making the C++ standard.
Quote:Original post by Roboguy
[...]but I doubt someone would spend that much time to create a new language just as a joke.[...]

There are languages created as a joke, such as HQ9+ (See the joke language list on the esoteric programming language wiki). Unless you meant as much time as they put into making the C++ standard.

heh, I'm about to switch to COCAINE XD

Yo dawg, don't even trip.

Oh, and who could forget LOLCODE [grin]
[Window Detective] - Windows UI spy utility for programmers

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement