How many people have bailed on Gamedev.net?

Started by
92 comments, last by Gorbstein 13 years ago

The main problem with GDNet Black is that every other thing is still bright, like all the buttons etc. don't fit at all. It looks a lot better at nehe.gamedev.net.

Mother... of... pearl. That is beautiful.

I'd probably tone down the green a tad, but something a lot like that would be GLORIOUS.
Advertisement

[quote name='Moe' timestamp='1299713002' post='4783769']
[quote name='Daaark' timestamp='1299699298' post='4783684']
My last gripe is threads also never appear in the list of threads I have replied to in the 'My Content' section.

And the active topics isn't '3 hours behind'. It's just messed up period. There's stuff from ten minutes ago, and then there is stuff from 5 hours ago, then on page 3 there will be a thread from 15 minutes ago. Then stuff from 2001. Then stuff from 25 minutes ago.

I'm just noticing this now as well. It's not sorting by the date of the last post overall, but is instead sorting by date for each page of threads that is being displayed. That way you are seeing threads sorted by date, per page, when really it should be sorting everything then displaying it in pages. At least I think that is what's going on. I wasn't able to pinpoint it until just a few minutes ago. Either way, it looks screwed up to me.
[/quote]

We have patched the software ourselves to fix the sorting problem. Active content really WAS working completely wrong.. it seemed to be data that was paged and then sorted, rather than sorted first and divided into pages. All topics should now sort correctly. =) Believe me guys, we really are trying to fix things. We were just extremely tied up through much of mid-January to February preparing for the GDC. You should start to see improvements once again over the upcoming weeks, so hang tight as we plow through the tracker list.

I think Richard Fine is testing out the Benryves black theme and it looks really nice. I'm not positive if you guys can see it yet at the bottom of the page theme selector?
[/quote]
It's okay - we understand that there is a lot of technical hurdles to overcoming. I don't plan on leaving the site or anything. I'm just happy the Active Topics got fixed.

Just a minor niggle... would it be possible to rename 'Active Content' to 'Active Topics', just like the good ol' days?

[quote name='Erik Rufelt' timestamp='1299746329' post='4783904']
The main problem with GDNet Black is that every other thing is still bright, like all the buttons etc. don't fit at all. It looks a lot better at nehe.gamedev.net.

Mother... of... pearl. That is beautiful.

I'd probably tone down the green a tad, but something a lot like that would be GLORIOUS.
[/quote]
When you apply Benryves' classic black theme to it, it looks pretty good!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Bravo on the addition of the Active Content link at the top of the home page! Just turned 2 clicks into 1 for me. Which is helpful as it is where I go 95% of my visits.

Thank you! I didn't even notice that.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

When you apply Benryves' classic black theme to it, it looks pretty good!

Wow. Mixing them looks fantabulous with the exception of the logo, which is just because the nehe logo is not transparent best I can tell.

Someone whose job it is to do this, make it so.

Just a minor niggle... would it be possible to rename 'Active Content' to 'Active Topics', just like the good ol' days?

The only issue there is that it is now more of an "Active Everything" since it shows you everything that is new in the last 24 hours rather than just topics. =)

[quote name='Moe' timestamp='1299770742' post='4784021']

The only issue there is that it is now more of an "Active Everything" since it shows you everything that is new in the last 24 hours rather than just topics. =)
[/quote]
Fair enough.

I do have to say, I am loving the feature that allows you to know when someone has replied to a particular post.

I think I've figured it out... LessBread seems to be MIA...

There is now an Active Content link at the top of the page (it was at the bottom). The Active Content page shows exactly the same information as the Active Topics page used to show (and more since through the tabs it actually shows all content across the site instead of just forum topics).

Does this better address the concerns in this thread?

Works a treat. Thanks :)
Ever since the community system overhaul, accessing the site is a pain as pages/threads take a significant amount of time to load across my work, university, and home ISP. That is about the only reason I have as to why I have been visiting the site less often, and its a shame because when the new system was rolled out I was really looking forward to making use of the developer journals. Maybe my ISP hates me, I don't know, but I have already submitted this through the feedback channel so we'll see how it goes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement