Heeeeeeelp.

Started by
23 comments, last by ZabuzaMomochi 12 years, 9 months ago

Don't pro games that require DirectX typically offer to install the DX redist during game installation?

Yeah, the game did offer it, and then after getting the message saying that it was downloaded I tried playing the game and it just said: "This application has failed to start because D3DX9_25.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this." Or so it said, Re-installing the application did nothing other than waste more time.
Advertisement
God dangit!!! I know this isnt a general help site but I have already informed you of my issue. If anyone wants to help I would be very grateful. So here is a quick update on something that just happened, I stuck in doom 3 in hopes that it could run without Direct X, however it did need Direct X so I tried to download it from the game just like I did the other two, and it worked! I can play Doom 3 all I like now, so I figured if Doom 3 now worked and the Direct X pack off it was working, why wouldnt the others? So I tried Black and White 2 again, and got the same message I got last time ;-; any ideas as to what it could be?
I'd stick with option 5 :)

Seriuosly it's a wired problem. Did you update the drivers (even if this is more a performance solving issue)? I have an ATI, win7 detects it correctly but the drivers it installs are bad. When i donwloaded the official ATI drivers all worked right.

If your laptop is not too recent you might have problems to find updated drivers. My old 7700GO had just 1 release of drivers and they were slow.

You could even drop a mail to lionhead support.

I'd stick with option 5 :)

Seriuosly it's a wired problem. Did you update the drivers (even if this is more a performance solving issue)? I have an ATI, win7 detects it correctly but the drivers it installs are bad. When i donwloaded the official ATI drivers all worked right.

If your laptop is not too recent you might have problems to find updated drivers. My old 7700GO had just 1 release of drivers and they were slow.

You could even drop a mail to lionhead support.

Alright yeah, I will try and update through NVIDIA then. Tell you how that woks out, thanks.
Alright well that didnt work either. I think it may have helped Doom 3, but Black and White 2 and SpellForce 2 still dont work. <_< I resorted to throwing my computer at the wall again, and still to no avail, I have found many other people with the same issue that I am having all with the same outcomes. Microsoft needs to fix direct x... or atleast make it moron proof because its not working. Anyhow, on a happier note beating my computer against a wall didnt break it this time... Any other advice if people are still in the mood? Any help will be greatly appriciated as always.
This is a forum for people interested in making games, not for technical support.

This is a forum for people interested in making games, not for technical support.

Fine, then how the hell do I make a game that Direct X doesn't have to be a part of? >.<
A quick Google search for " D3DX9_25.DLL" returned this Microsoft support page, which recommends finding the DLL on the CD and manually copying it to the game's directory. I was leary of suggesting this since it's bad practice to start copying DLLs, but if Microsoft says to, then what the hell ;)

Edit: And About.com has astep-by-step guide to extracting a single file from a DX release.

Fine, then how the hell do I make a game that Direct X doesn't have to be a part of? >.<
[/quote]
Use OpenGL, or the Win32 API.

A quick Google search for " D3DX9_25.DLL" returned this Microsoft support page, which recommends finding the DLL on the CD and manually copying it to the game's directory. I was leary of suggesting this since it's bad practice to start copying DLLs, but if Microsoft says to, then what the hell ;)

Edit: And About.com has astep-by-step guide to extracting a single file from a DX release.

I swear Microsoft is the devil. Anyhow thanks, something new to play with and see if it works.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement