Heeeeeeelp.

Started by
23 comments, last by ZabuzaMomochi 12 years, 9 months ago
Alright so I have just had my internet shut off and my xbox decided to go all ring of death on me so I am out of gaming. I decided that it would be a good idea to start pc gaming again however my computer didnt have direct x on it and I cant game on the laptop that I am on right now. So I downloaded the direct x redistribution pack and put it on a flash drive before putting on the computer that I am using for the gaming. Then the issues started. During the Initialization it has a pop-up that reads:" A cabinet file necessary for initialization cannot be found. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid." So I did alot of research on it and found very little help. Here are the things I have tried:
1. Ensured that the Cryptographic Services are set to Automatic.
2. Tried all the revsvr32 DLL crypto's.
3. Restarted Comp
4. Checked for corrupted files, none found.
5. Through my computer at a wall.
All to no avail. I am still looking for more things that may help but nothing is working :( any help would be great. Thanks for your time.
Advertisement
Threw my computer at a wall, not through >.<
No? No help? How saddening...
If the game requires DirectX 10 or 11 you want to make sure you're using Vista or Windows 7. If it only requires DirectX 9 you can use Windows XP and above.

You also need to make sure your video card supports it. What video card do you have?
Well I have played this game on this comp before, however the comp was changed to a work comp rather than a gaming comp a while back and direct x was removed. The video card is capable, and Its only Direct x 9 that the game requires. Its an old game: Black and White 2 is the games name.

Well I have played this game on this comp before, however the comp was changed to a work comp rather than a gaming comp a while back and direct x was removed. The video card is capable, and Its only Direct x 9 that the game requires. Its an old game: Black and White 2 is the games name.

I'm not sure what you downloaded before. Was is this?

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8109

If not, try to download that and run it on the computer.

[quote name='ZabuzaMomochi' timestamp='1313023274' post='4847426']

I'm not sure what you downloaded before. Was is this?

http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8109

If not, try to download that and run it on the computer.
[/quote]

Alright I will take a look. Thanks, could take a while though, have to download on the laptop and flash drive it over.

No? No help? How saddening...

Using a descriptive title for the thread and waiting a bit longer would help, but do bear in mind that this is a website for game development, not general technical support...

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Ahh well that just so happens to be the pack I downloaded before. Thanks for your help anyhow.
Don't pro games that require DirectX typically offer to install the DX redist during game installation?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement