Weekend Community Challenge - Let Loose the Kraken! - Contest Underway!

Started by
142 comments, last by szecs 11 years, 10 months ago
@Moe and irreversible, Moe's game ran fine on my machine. Do you have the XNA 4.0 runtime installed?

@ChurchSkiz, that for volunteering to be a judge! Since the stakes aren't high and the deadline is quit, I generally encourage people to share screenshot and whatnot to bolster morale in others to finish as well.

On downloads/uploads/whatever, just link to the download here in the thread. If you can't find an online host then PM be, but this is 2012, so if you don't have/can't find free hosting then you kinda fail at the interwebs :P Dropbox and Google Docs are both easy and free services.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Advertisement
Since I'm at work ,at this point I'm not sure if I'll be able to submit a finished game. But, if I'm lucky somehow I can make it. Either way I'll submit the game here (whether it gets accepted into judging or not).
I'm that imaginary number in the parabola of life.
I'm an idiot: what is the deadline in CET?

Couldn't work on it on Saturday, so I just hope I can deliver anything remotely playable.
Still working on the basic game play, so there's not much in the screenshot unfortunately, just basic place holder 'art'.

gFgsD.png
I announced the theme an hour later than I said I would, so the competition deadline is in approx 12.5 hours from now.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Ah thanks, there might be a glimmer of hope for me then. Getting some more coffee to get me through the night.
I think I have put about 35 hours into this little game, this was my most intensive programming marathon ever I think. And I am very happy with the result.
Here's a teaser screenshot of the last level:
[attachment=9051:screenshot.jpg]

And you can download it here:
http://sourceforge.n...en.rar/download

Just extract the files and run the exe.

If there are problems with the release, please let me know.
I'm not sure what it requires, it runs with openGL but no advanced stuff is used. There is one non PoT texture though.

There may be some modifications, maybe an image on the intro screen etc.
I tried out the first level and it worked for me, szecs!
Here's my entry is located here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30790443/Kraken%20Arises.rar

the dependencies are in the readme file as well as any relevant info( that i could think of ).
my entry is built as x64 and x86( if anyone cares ).
the 64Bit build is located in 'Bin32' and the 32Bit build is located in Bin32, and if your not sure which folder to use, use 'Bin32'.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]And the game uses Hi Poly models![/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]...Submarine Only.[/font] laugh.png

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Here it is!

Unity Web Player: http://www.tab-away.de/kraken
Windows exe: http://www.tab-away....aken/kraken.zip

I hope it runs smoothly, didn't exactly pay attention to performance while programming.

Cheers!
Now let's play ALL THE GAMES!
Hey guys, I'm gonna have to bow out too, unfortunately. I worked hard for 2 days, but it's not going to be playable within the next few hours, unfortunately. i'll post pictures some time and write a post mortem about the experience, because I learned a whole lot! (like don't start a 72 hour game making competition on a clean copy of Windows... setting things up sucks when time matters).

zer0wolf, if you need, I'm willing to be a judge! I wish I could've finished but that's not gonna happen. Kinda sad, because I was really liking the direction I was going.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement