Calculating RPG Loot Drop Chance?

Started by
8 comments, last by matrisking 11 years, 1 month ago

One should however note that if you give an enemy a weapon to drop, then unless the enemy is entirely braindead, he should actually use it against you, too (99% of all games don't work that way, but I find it a terrible immersion breaker, only topped by skeletons dropping coins (the hell, in which pocket do they keep them?!) and rats dropping pole axes and swords). It just doesn't make sense that a thief dies attacking you with a rusty dagger and then drops a +2 longsword and a wand of fireballs.

I'm the words of Bill Lumbergh: "Yyyyyeahhhh... I'm going to go ahead and sort of disagree with you."

It's interesting advice, but highly subjective and probably better suited for a thread on game design than one on game programming. Not every game is meant to be highly immersive, so unless immersion is your top priority I personally would just go with whatever's most fun.

(ugh and sorry, I just can't help myself: sure it makes sense for a thief to attack you with a rusty dagger if that's the only weapon he knows how to use and/or is able to equip biggrin.png )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement