What console are you buying in 2013?

Started by
94 comments, last by Mike.Popoloski 10 years, 6 months ago

I think PS4 and Xbox One are equal in their ability to amuse consumers but I have no faith in Sony to get anything right, they probably wont deliver on a series of promises and generally ignore their customers once they have spent their money.

Microsoft tried very hard to generate a strong indie developer scene and put a lot of work into user experience. The controller is ergonomically designed to be comfortable. The thumbsticks are the most accurate I have ever used, and they are durable.

The first iteration of ps3 dashboard was abysmal and my friends ps3 is still suffering from random crashes, deleted save games, games wont update and thus wont work, games that cant be completed because of bugs. He's a total fanboy and has never owned an Xbox so he thinks this is normal.

The playstation controller was designed by someone who thought it looks nice, they have stayed with the design because of brand and it gives me serious pains in my fingers when I use it for only 1 hour. How other people do not experience this is a mystery to me. Their thumbsticks break down and get food stuck in them easily.

I also think the trends favour Microsoft so its likely that, due to market share, a lot more titles than usual will be available on both platforms. Especially in the PS4 -> Xbox One direction.

Also, xbox will integrate better with my windows phone, desktop and tablet. Do Sony even sell these things anymore?

Advertisement
The last console I had was the original Xbox back a few years ago. It was fun but I don't have enough time nowadays to make enough use of a gaming-only platform to justify its purchase, and I have my general purpose desktop which happens to be a quite capable gaming system. As for phones or tablets, I've never really found the need for those. I actually find them a bit too invasive for my taste, but then I hate change so tongue.png

So, nothing at all for me, or perhaps a Kindle since I like the concept happy.png

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

2013 ... I'll get my girlfriend an IPad mini or IPad2. And maybe we will get an XBox One, which looks sweet. I want integrated media, that might be a driving force for me. If it was just a games machine, I wouldn't be the slightest bit interested. But having all that sweet tech and integration in a single media device, that would be great. I currently don't have a media server / player / console, except for my laptop* so there is still a place in my living room for a media / games device. I also wouldn't mind a Wii U, if it's price drops, I'll grab one.

I also love the Kinekt, I've been interested in them for a while, but they are too expensive for PC right now. And the new Kinekt is a real leap forward over the current version, so that's technology that I'll support and want to play with.

* My Alienware lappy doesn't have the best video unfortunately, even though it is an Alienware, and excellent in every other respect, the video is slightly jerky. My old PC was rock solid smooth.

Say, Alpha, you forgot Nvidia Shield.

At some point I will be getting Wii U, PS4, and One, but not likely in the same year. The other systems listed don't interest me.

Say, Alpha, you forgot Nvidia Shield.

I did say "Other".

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

You did, but it might've been nice to see if it stands out from the pack, especially considering it comes out next month.

PC Master Race!

More seriously I just don't care about the big console shooters so I don't have a reason to buy any of them.

I seen no reason to buy a next-gen console

Kinect 2 + Stereo 3D could be amazing ... but I saw no mention of that

You did, but it might've been nice to see if it stands out from the pack, especially considering it comes out next month.

I added it just for you :)

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I added it just for you smile.png

wub.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement