Giving away 4 x RPG Maker VX Ace to those who would use it

Started by
44 comments, last by Meatsack 10 years, 9 months ago

Sorry to hear mate. On the positive side at least you are aware of a few members in Gamedev who also have the pack which may lead to interesting collaborations.

@Servant -- Guess that means the single copy is headed your way mate :) -- will yell out on Steam later my time to see if you want it straight to you or via your sister's steam.

Advertisement

@Stormynature: I guess that's a no on the workshop and/or contest huh?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Sorry to hear mate. On the positive side at least you are aware of a few members in Gamedev who also have the pack which may lead to interesting collaborations.

Indeed, though I don't socialize here very often for fear of spreading myself thin.

Still, you've been so kind; on the off-hand chance I somehow make a game worth selling I should send you a free copy. Not much of a gesture as for all we know I'll burn out and never amount to designing any moreso than as a hobby, but it's the least I can offer.

@Stormynature: I guess that's a no on the workshop and/or contest huh?

not a no...but rather I must think about it. I don't want to willy nilly define a contest / competition without having given people the opportunity to at least learn the package and in thinking about it I would also want to design a contest that feels worthwhile i.e. perhaps a 1k prize pool or something along those lines and decent time period in which to get a game together i.e. 3-6months. But it would be something I would probably run by Michael to see if the GD-net would be okay with it, not to mention getting it pinned etc etc. So if you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to throw them in here....this applies to anyone interested in this.

on the off-hand chance I somehow make a game worth selling I should send you a free copy.

Never think "somehow" but rather accept you will achieve this reality. Plus I will never say no to a free game :). Best of luck.

not a no...but rather I must think about it. I don't want to willy nilly define a contest / competition without having given people the opportunity to at least learn the package and in thinking about it I would also want to design a contest that feels worthwhile i.e. perhaps a 1k prize pool or something along those lines and decent time period in which to get a game together i.e. 3-6months. But it would be something I would probably run by Michael to see if the GD-net would be okay with it, not to mention getting it pinned etc etc. So if you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to throw them in here....this applies to anyone interested in this.

I guess a workshop of some sort would be the best way to go to get people acclimated with RPG Maker. Then we could do a contest afterwards. The workshop would be something like build a small town, a small forest (for grinding), a small dungeon and a boss.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Story of my life... late to the party. sad.png

I was just looking at that program to make some RPG ideas I've had kicking around in my head for years now. My B-Day is in August and I was biding my time until then to buy it. (And I still am by the looks of it!)

I have a Steam account. If anyone doesn't convert on activating their copy, I sure wouldn't mind having it early! The first story is already planned out for when I get it.

Writer, Game Maker, Day-Dreamer... Check out all the wonderful things I've thought up at Meatsack's Workshop!

Check out the Current Ranking of Super Gunball DEMO on IndieDB!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement