Compiling and running on armv7

Started by
21 comments, last by WitchLord 10 years, 4 months ago

I never say no to donations. ;)

I can't say I have much interest in writing projects for microcontrollers myself, but I'll gladly accept the donation and use it to make sure AngelScript works as it should on it with native calling conventions.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement

Big thanks to Tony! I now have my own Beaglebone Black to test AngelScript on.

The first problem I ran into is that it seems the default Angström Linux installation that comes pre-installed on the board doesn't support "-mfloat-abi=hard". So I can't compile AngelScript with the options "-mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -marm" even though the hardware supports it.

You have obviously exchanged the Linux version on your BeagleBone. May I ask which version you chose?

Anyway, before I upgrade I think I'll see if I can make AngelScript work with "-mfloat-abi=soft" too.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

It turns out that it was quite easy to add the support for native calling conventions with soft-float ABI, as this is identical to what Android uses. I just had to make a few adjustments to reuse the same code, and to automatically detect in the as_config.h whether compilation is for soft-float or hard-float by checking for the flag __SOFTFP__.

biggrin.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement