SharpDX, DX11.1

Started by
1 comment, last by SecondaryNeeded2 10 years, 2 months ago

Hello,

Can anyone please post code or direct me to an example of soft shadows or shadow mapping using DX11.1 with C#? I'm trying to implement good shadows in a game for Windows Store using SharpDX Toolkit. Any SharpDX example will do. For days I have been trying to convert C++ examples but I have trouble understanding and trying to convert them to C#. Also, XNA examples do not seem relevant for a Windows Store game and are still not that easy to convert.

Thanks,

Advertisement

Hi

You probably want to break it down into smaller steps to make it easier to use things like Google to help you find useful results.

The general processes to look for are:

Texture Creation

Render To Texture

Writing depth values from a pixel shader

Projective texturing

I might recomend Reimers XNA tutorial on HLSL shadows. It is for XNA but it does describe the last two processes very nicely. Texture Creation and Render to Texture should be well documented in the SharpDX documentation.

I feel your pain. I came across this thread because I have been looking for some examples for a while and have found none whatsoever. I understand most of the concepts of shadow mapping but it would be helpful to see those concepts in code example form that I can run and debug using the toolkit for win 8 store game. I tend to learn best based on examples. I will post code if I find an example or am able to implement it in the toolkit.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement