Playniax NEW and FREE 2D engine! : Pyro 2

Started by
3 comments, last by Playniax 6 years, 9 months ago

Greetings all,

I would like to announce to this community Pyro 2, the successor to Pyro.

Pyro is ideal for building 2D games and other interactive graphical driven applications.

Pyro 2 apps run on WINDOWS, OSX, LINUX, IOS, ANDROID and HTML5!
And... It's FREE!

For more information visit our product page.

The Playniax team.

Visit our shop at itch.io

Advertisement
I just added a few project template demos to the product page but for for your convenience I will post them here as well:
These templates are intended to give your project a quick 'polished' look when prototyping but we don't mind if they end up in the release.

Pyro2 v1.0.3 is available!!!

An update of the Monkey2 / Pyro2 package is available on itch

This is an important update! It has countless fixes and some nice additions. This is the version that is driving Revengestar so it should be very stable.

I am also finishing up a Tiled loader. There is already a Pyro2 Tiled converter available and it works fine but while working on Dumbot I found it not very practical to convert the tilemap everytime it got an update. The Pyro2 Tiled loader can load tmx files directly eliminating the need to convert ( timesaver! ). I hope to finish and release the Tiled loader coming week!

Summary fixes and updates Pyro2 v1.0.3

• Fixed gui touch / mouse issues!
• Fixed tiled animation timing issues!

• Changed OnOutro() to OnOutro( layerObject:LayerObject ) for the scenegraph layer objects

This way you can pass the object that caused the collision

• Added CreateImageMask command
• Added PixmapToTilemap command
• Added Screenshot command
• Added ScreenshotImage command

The Pyro2 bananas moved to the Pyro2 module folders and Pyro2 demos and templates ( Pyro2 essentials ) can be downloaded here

I just released a beta version of the Pyro2 TiledLoader Class and is now part of the Tiled converter package ( probably will change the name ).

This means that Pyro2 can now load Tiledmaps directly without using the converter!

It should support orthogonal and isometric Tiledmap and most Tiled features.

Be sure to turn off compression before saving a Tilemap because compression is not supported yet.

Also check out our latest Android game Revengestar made with our Pyro2 engine! It's FREE!

[IMG]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement