Looking for a C++ FPS game project

Started by
1 comment, last by hyyou 6 years, 10 months ago

Hi, I'm 16 years old (nearly 17) french guy who loves coding, and pizzas, and music, and a lot of other things...

I started learning some programming languages 6 years ago, and always failed to achieve something with them. Then I decided to re-try Java 2 years ago, and it went pretty well. So well that from this time I did not stopped programming. I really started to dig into C++ a year ago because I wanted lower level programming skills, with one specific goal: create games. Unfortunately I always overestimate myself and my ideas, and I've not been able to create a single real game because of my lack of experience in that specific domain. So I'm looking for a 3D FPS game project (multiplayer would be great too) to see how that kind of project is managed, and to finally be able to create something. I would like for once to work with other people on the same thing, I think it could really help me to help back the others. I have a lot of free time right now and I'm ready to spend some (if not a lot) into a project.

I learned a lot of C++ features when I started, but I feel like I'm missing a lot of other features and I want to learn them on something useful.

I really prefer not working on a project with a pre-used game engine (GM, UE, Unity, ...) because for me the most interesting part is what happens at the lowest programming level of a game. I learned basics of modern OpenGL so if there is a graphical engine to improve, I can work on it. I'm also very interested into working on the game engine structure, and on implementing a scripting language if it's needed. If the game is multiplayer, I will not guarantee that I could really work on that (because I really don't know a lot about networking) but I'll try my best to continue learning things and maybe work on that too.

If you're interested, feel free to contact me on Discord: Freezee#2283. If you don't have Discord, reply back a way to contact you :)

Advertisement

Yes, it is a good way to learn new thing.  :)

I suggest you to search the one you like and apply to that team directly (with private message).   

As a general guideline, it is easier if ....

• You apply to the one that doesn't finish in producing any (successful) game yet.
  • You don't pick a job.  (i.e. don't mind about any language)
  • You offer to do it for free.

Doesn't forget to show your best game/prototype you develop yourself!

Good luck.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement