I need to create an "archeage" server as a company

Started by
4 comments, last by atrdev 6 years, 6 months ago

Dear I'm a young entrepreneur in the industrial machinery business, and I'm opening a video game development company, my idea is to start with an "archeage" server and then follow. Does anyone know where I can buy the files? I hope to answer from now thank you very much

Advertisement

You'd probably need to consult with Trion Worlds' legal team about that. A quick check of their site doesn't yield any promising contact info, so it's likely they're not open to being approached about those kinds of arrangements. If you're hoping to base a business plan on running an ArcheAge server, you are highly likely to be disappointed.

excuse my ignorance, and because there are so many servers of "archeage" that are not official? like in so many games that there are always different versions? I hope answer thanks

16 minutes ago, atrdev said:

excuse my ignorance, and because there are so many servers of "archeage" that are not official?

People usually reverse-engineer the protocols and data involved to do this, which is a legal grey area in some jurisdictions and a terrible model to build a business on.

If they legally obtained the required files/data/protocol/license/etc from Trion Worlds, they would not be "unofficial" servers.

"Trion Worlds" to see if I can make some agreement, thanks for the information

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement