• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Francisco Tufr
      Hi everyone! I'm currently working on a series of books about 2D Shader Development.

The idea is to synthesize a bunch of techniques that are specifically useful for 2D, even if they work on 3D as well.

I released the first book last week. It's 4.99 on Amazon or free on the series website, https://www.2dshaders.com

This is an independent initiative, I don't work for any publisher whatsoever. The contents of the books are the result of a 4-year span where I started teaching this in Argentina and USA, always making the workshop better. Now I'm expanding it to make more sense in book form.

I'd love to hear your opinions on the idea and if you get the book let me know what you think.

By the way, the examples are in Unity, but the concepts from the book should be easily transferable to any graphics api/engine.

Hope you like it!
    • By Kai Keeper
      I finished this game a while ago, now I'm trying to make an introduction video before I put it on Steam, looking for feedback.
      I have already got some feedback from other people, and this is what they felt or some of the things I think the video doesn't do a good job: 1. I don't understand the core concept of the game. I think another video that explains the core concept of this game would be better.
      2. I feel that the video was too long, it showed way too many features.
      If you feel the same way, please let me know. If you have any other suggestions/feedback please don't hold back.
    • By fgp069
      Hi there, this is my first time posting, but have been a long-time lurker in this community. I am currently developing a 3D game engine using a deferred renderer and OpenGL.
      I have successfully implemented recursive portals (and mirrors) in my engine utilizing the stencil buffer to mask out regions of the screen. This solution is very favorable as I am able to have dozens of separate views drawn at once without needing to worry about requiring multiple G-buffers for each individual (sub)view. I also benefit with being able to perform post processing effects over all views, only needing to apply them over what is visible (one pass per-section with stencil masking for no risk of overdraw).
      Now presently I am pondering ways of dealing with in-game camera displays (for an example think of the monitors from Half-Life 2). In the past I've handled these by rendering from the camera's perspective onto separate render target, and then in the final shading pass applying it as a texture. However I was greatly disappointed with the performance and the inability to combine with post-processing effects (or at least the way I do presently with portals). Another concern being that I wish to have scenes containing several unique camera screens at once (such as a security CCTV room), without needing to worry about the associated vram usage of having several G-Buffers.
      I wanted to ask more experienced members of this community if it would be possible to handle them in a similar fashion as I do with portals, but with the difference being for them to be transformed so they take on the appearance of a flat 2D surface. Would anybody with a more comprehensive understanding of matrix maths be able to tell me if this idea is feasible or not, and if so could come up with a possible solution?
      I hope all this makes enough sense. Any possible insight would be greatly appreciated!
    • By RoKabium Games
      While looking out for that pesky Terrator, our little alien is doing a bit of relaxed mining down on the new gas planet "Lelantos" this weekend.... 
      #gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity #screenshotsaturday
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Attack Of Mutants

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement