Multiplayer Pac-man Challenge

Started by
62 comments, last by DexterZ101 6 years, 1 month ago

Hi,

Sir I have an inquiry : "Create an exact replica with multiplayer gameplay or add your own modifications and improvements!"

"Exact replica" of the original ? but we can "MODIFY" it ?

Thanks ^ _^ y

Advertisement
2 hours ago, DexterZ101 said:

Hi,

Sir I have an inquiry : "Create an exact replica with multiplayer gameplay or add your own modifications and improvements!"

"Exact replica" of the original ? but we can "MODIFY" it ?

Thanks ^ _^ y

The requirement means you can make 100% the same game, or make the same game "plus" modifications and improvements. It's your choice.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Got the sprite class implemented (image below), next timer & input

How's yours coming guys? Also is ok to post here? Or are we supposed to open a separate topic?

Spoiler

8qgSNTy.gif

1 hour ago, MarcusAseth said:

Got the sprite class implemented (image below), next timer & input

How's yours coming guys? Also is ok to post here? Or are we supposed to open a separate topic?

Reveal hidden contents

8qgSNTy.gif

I would recommend making a blog https://www.gamedev.net/blogs that keeps track on your progress. Once you're done, submit as per post 1, and post your link and screen shot here. :) 

Programmer and 3D Artist

I appreciate the suggestion but blogs are really not my thing :P 

Unless is a discussion with others and group learning experience kind of thing, there is no point for me in keeping a blog, I'm not the type who watch back on previously done stuff nor expect anyone else going to take their time to watch stuff made by a begginner, and I find sad even just thinking to the possibility of me writing on a blog that noones watch, so I'll pass on this one :P 

@MarcusAseth What game engine are you using if one at all? I saw you posted a C++ code, but not sure if it relies on a game engine or not.

21 minutes ago, redblue said:

@MarcusAseth What game engine are you using if one at all? I saw you posted a C++ code, but not sure if it relies on a game engine or not.

No engine, I'm using C++ and SDL2 :)

12 hours ago, MarcusAseth said:

No engine, I'm using C++ and SDL2 :)

Nice. That's too low level for me, but I was looking at it and seems to be a great library. I liked this tutorial pages in particular: http://lazyfoo.net/tutorials/SDL/index.php

Yup, that's pretty much where I learned it from, even though I only did half of the tutorials :P

My idea for the input was to have a map of keybinding with key=SDL_Keycode and value=void(*)()  so that I can link the functions to the key and just pass the key pressed to the map and have it call the right thing, code below.

I'm not even sure this work since is the first time I try, furthermore since the Ghost are Creature type too, how are they supposed to get inputs? I guess I need to figure out a secondary method to give input to them.

Also, does this even work if both players are holding down a key to move ther character? Hopefully an SDL_Event contain info about all the key currently pressed... I'll keep going, but if you guys have any article that can help me/ put me on the right track, I would appreciate :) 

Spoiler

PlayState::PlayState() : window{gWindow}, renderer{gRenderer}, gridSize{24}
{
    buildMap();
    int creatureScale = gridSize * 2;
    entities.push_back(make_unique<Creature>(Creature(ECreature::PLAYER, getCellScreenPos(2, 15), creatureScale)));
    entities.push_back(make_unique<Creature>(Creature(ECreature::PLAYER, getCellScreenPos(29, 15), creatureScale)));
    //P1
    auto p1 = static_cast<Creature*>(entities[0].get());
    keyBindings[SDLK_w] = p1->moveUp;
    keyBindings[SDLK_d] = p1->moveRight;
    keyBindings[SDLK_s] = p1->moveDown;
    keyBindings[SDLK_a] = p1->moveLeft;
    //P2
    auto p2 = static_cast<Creature*>(entities[1].get());
    keyBindings[SDLK_UP] =    p2->moveUp;
    keyBindings[SDLK_RIGHT] = p2->moveRight;
    keyBindings[SDLK_DOWN] =  p2->moveDown;
    keyBindings[SDLK_LEFT] =  p2->moveLeft;

//entities.push_back(make_unique<Creature>(Creature(ECreature::GHOST, getCellScreenPos(0,0), creatureScale)));
    //entities.push_back(make_unique<Creature>(Creature(ECreature::GHOST, getCellScreenPos(0,0), creatureScale)));
}

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement