Issue with Graphics Driver Nvidia when using DirectX 9.0c and DirectPlay 8.

Started by
13 comments, last by CrazyCdn 5 years, 7 months ago

I already know how to walk.

Advertisement
2 hours ago, rjhwinner03 said:

I just want to know how I can do this so I can just keep developing.

Get a much deeper understanding knowledge of the rules of C++, and follow them strictly. As long as you ignore those rules, things will continue to crash or break.

2 hours ago, rjhwinner03 said:

I already know how to walk.

I am sure you believe that, but your code demonstrates another truth.

Frankly, so far, the code is winning.

I have almost completed a single player RTS game and a multiplayer FPS game. And I have worked on around 40+ different projects.

This project is just me trying to expand my RTS project to multiplayer, which I am currently incapable of doing.

5 minutes ago, Alberth said:

Get a much deeper understanding knowledge of the rules of C++, and follow them strictly. As long as you ignore those rules, things will continue to crash or break.

I am sure you believe that, but your code demonstrates another truth.

Frankly, so far, the code is winning.

Bragging on past achievements doesn't give you more C++ knowledge, nor does it fix the code.

We've been attempting to give you assistance.  You've just been ignoring it and taking our recommendations as insults (or so it seems as you get defensive fast).  They are not.

You blamed issues on only knowing Visual Studio 2003, but it is just a tool, not the problem.  If you use sites like http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ it allows you to select documentation for older versions of the C++ language.  But honestly you have a Windows 10 computer, upgrade to the latest Visual Studio.  Also, clearly, you need to learn how to use the debugger properly which will greatly assist you in solving your own issues instead of relying on forums that can take hours or days to get back to you.  Especially when you provide fairly useless information because you don't know what you're looking at, to put it bluntly.

It seems, based on your other subject about erasing pointers from containers you just want your bugs fixed for you, so you can keep on coding without ever learning WHY the bug occurred or how to avoid it in the future.  This will lead you into bigger and bigger bugs because you refuse to slow down and learn.  You just want to get this project done and consider that knowledge, where it is not.  Or if it is, it's poor knowledge, entrenching poor habits which will be difficult to break later.

Direct Play was depreciated in April 2004, over 14 years ago.  There are free alternatives that are also modern that will provide you far better and applicable knowledge.

Also, I'm not sure what you were asking about GNU source code because you don't want to post yours.  No one is going to steal your source code, nor do we want you to post your whole project someplace for us to debug it.  We're not here to read over your whole source code to find the bug for you.  Narrow down where the bug is, using your debugger and post the 20-30 lines where the bug is, if you still cannot resolve it after finding it.

Best of luck to you!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement