Daily Challenges for a Spider Solitaire card game?

Started by
4 comments, last by JoAndRoPo 5 years, 7 months ago

Hi!

I'm creating a spider solitaire game in my free time and will be adding daily challenges. There will be a challenge each day until the end of the month. After which, the challenges will reset for the next month. 

I do have some in mind but for a card game, creating unique challenges for each day is kind of tough.

I played Microsoft's Spider Solitaire's daily challenges and found them to be the same/boring after a while. 

I would love to hear your ideas (unique) if any. Something different from the daily challenges created by Microsoft Spider Solitaire. 

Advertisement

Are these written daily challenges? Trivia? Word puzzles? Can you share an example?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Here are a few examples of daily challenges in other spider solitaire games -

Day 1 - Solve the Deck

Day 2 - Earn a Score of 400

Day 3 - Complete the game within X Time

Day 4 - Solve the deck without using Hints/Undo

Day 5 - etc, etc.,

These games have about 5 challenges and it just keeps repeating after day 5. The problem I'm facing is, these challenges is the same for most spider solitaire games. I would like to add something different. Something unique... I have to create about 30 daily challenges.

I tried cracking my brains to come up with something different. Just hoping someone out there can come up with a new daily challenge idea for a simple game like spider solitaire. 

Also note, the spider solitaire game I'm creating is the classic version. There's no power-ups or any other fancy features, which makes it even more challenging to come up with a unique/different idea.

I see. Then the Writing forum is the wrong place for this. Moving to Game Design.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

57 minutes ago, Tom Sloper said:

I see. Then the Writing forum is the wrong place for this. Moving to Game Design.

OH! My Bad... 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement