Looking for a team member to join us in developing a 2D platformer for Nintendo Switch

Started by
13 comments, last by WhiteWinged 11 months, 4 weeks ago

@remixedcat , you need to learn how to better handle criticism that's not to your liking. @whitewinged wasn't giving you “attitude.” They were giving you their honest feedback. The attitude is all yours, and it makes you look bad.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Advertisement

They claimed they knew nothing about sound editing, yet said something very bad about my track. They had no room to talk.

They brought it on themselves. I only responded in kind.

Sorry that you felt that way about the things I said. By no means did I try to be rude. I really appreciate your proposition, as it takes real guts to share your work that you are passionate about with others. Let me guide you through my thought process so that you don't feel like I'm unjustly judging you:

I took the time to listen to around 20 of your tracks to find out what you're all about. I couldn't find anything that I could connect with a style that we are aiming for. It's not that your tracks are bad, they just don't fit.

I asked our colleague who works on art assets if she found anything to her liking, and she pointed out one of your tracks that could potentially fit in.

We listened to it, and we really liked many parts, but there were also parts that were a little off for us.

As you give off a vibe of being a really passionate and outgoing person, I believe there would be no way for us to make you interested in the style of music we're looking for. And apart from that I have no knowledge that would be useful for you even if you wanted to do that or time to guide you through that process. I believe you should stick to your guns, do stuff that interests you, and in no time, you will find people who will look just for the music you create. Best of luck.

WhiteWinged

Hey artists! We're a hobby game dev team working on a 2D platformer set in a fantasy world, and we need your help! We're looking for artists who can create cool characters, backgrounds, and objects for our game.

It's gonna be an epic adventure where you play as a hero fighting an evil sorcerer. We're all gamers here and want to create something we're proud of.

So, if you're an artist who loves gaming and wants to work on a cool project with a chill team, hit us up! All skill levels welcome. Let's make something awesome together!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement