characters to fall in love with

Started by
60 comments, last by sunandshadow 20 years, 4 months ago
I didn''t have time to read all of what has been said so far, but one thing comes to mind: helpful.

It is one thing to be drop dead gorgeous, but to be all that AND a bag of chips(actually give the player some good advice) is awesome!

Falling in love with a character from a video game is a cruel thing. If this is what you want to do, pull on the players emotions. Pull with all of your might.

Some people are more responsive to either of two groups...
"nice"/"naughty"
respectfull/reckless
prepared/slothful
plain/"drag queen"
shy/bold
cheery/depressed
caring/cold

as i said, different people respond to different stimuli. No one character type will fit all cases. The best approach is to conform the character to input from the player (without it being completely obvious that he is creating her/him him/her self. )

A question I would like to pose with this forum, how many of you HAVE fallen for a character from a game (and I mean love, not just being turned on.)

As for myself, I think I have, just can''t remember back that far...
Quote:Original post by EtnuBwahaha. I would've shot the guy in the balls.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by sunandshadow
Here''s a little challenge. ;D Say you want to create a character who is so damn appealing that some of your audience will actually fall in love with her (or him, whichever you like). We know this happens, there are threads in the lounge about it with some regularity. Appearance is not an issue here, imagine you already have gorgeous character art, you only need to create a personality to make that art come alive. So, what do you pick? What elements do you build the character''s personality out of to make them super appealing? You may answer more than once if you have different personality types that you think might work.

My "love," back in the day before my conversion, was Sesshoumaru from Inu-Yasha. He had the feminine look goin'' on, he was an awesome warrior, he was cool, calm, collected. He was ruthless. He didn''t care about what you or anyone else thought, and he''d kill you in an instant.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement