Official Game / Game Engine Screenshot Thread.

Started by
400 comments, last by Sir Sapo 19 years, 3 months ago
Although we already had similar threads in the past and we can see images at Devimg.net and Flipcode.org image of the day sites, I really want to see the progress of all gamedev members’ projects. That will inspire all new programmers like me to work harder and create good games. Anyway the rules are simple: 1) Post everything game related like in game shots, alpha engine shots and level editors if you want. It doesn’t have to be 3d ‘ 2d, OpenGL based, arcade game, text game...Post all the projects that you are working. It’s recommended also to put a small comment with the screenshots. 2) If is possible use very few comments, so every page will have a lot of pictures and little text ‘ not the opposite. Thanks for sharing! [Edited by - Mephisto on September 22, 2004 9:22:00 AM]
Advertisement
Posting game screenshots isn't really that much of a threat - I'm sure your project isn't that bad, is it?

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote:Original post by benryves
Posting game screenshots isn't really that much of a threat - I'm sure your project isn't that bad, is it?

[rolleyes] You are right my friend’ it’s a thread not a threat[lol] (My English suck,I better buy a dictionary).

Anyway thanks for your correction!
Oh, all right, I'l be serious.

VB6/DX8 3D engine I was working on about a year ago.

Very basic 3D engine I wrote for J2ME cellphones

Some short screens from a TI-83 Plus space-shooter I wrote.

Crates3D - puzzle game for J2ME devices.

VB6 raycaster I wrote when I was bored.

I've got loads of B/W screenshots of my TI work, but I guess they're less interesting.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Ben, did you post a demo of that VB6 raycaster once? I swear i've tested it.
Member of the NeHe team.
Quote:Original post by Kazade
Ben, did you post a demo of that VB6 raycaster once? I swear i've tested it.

Quite possibly.
Actually, that's an old version - in the current one on my HDD the framerate is much higher, you don't move so fast, and the graphics are "shaded" (so a horizontal wall is darker than a vertical).

That's a screen shot of the engine i was working on last year. But due to, Uni/Life/GF/Bad Code, i gave up and started again, unfortunately... i havent done anything to the new engine for ages and ages, and its all background code nothing to display :(

At the moment i'm working on my final year project, a Generic Game Map Editor. The idea is that programmers can use it create their worlds and it saves it in an easy to use format. It should allow for portal placement and the ability to attach scripts to objects. But those are in the desirable requirements. :)

Unfortunately I have to do so much documentation, so implementation isnt for a while :)
Member of the NeHe team.
Those are from an First Person Shooter I've been working on for the last months(it still needs a lot of work).

Early stage(standard lightmaps and PPL only):

Incorporating the HL2 shading model(Radiosity Normal Mapping):

-EDIT:Benryves made me do it!

[Edited by - mikeman on September 22, 2004 4:13:56 PM]
EDIT: to the above poster, please put <a href="URL">CAPTION</a> around them pictures [smile] (I'm lazy, OK?)

A few more Z80 projects.

Quote:Original post by benryves
EDIT: to the above poster, please put CAPTION around them pictures [smile] (I'm lazy, OK?)

Sorry,but I don't think Angelfire allows me to do that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement