Microsoft DirectX SDK Updated (Feb 2006)

Started by
65 comments, last by jollyjeffers 18 years, 2 months ago
Quote:Original post by jollyjeffers
Again, someone's beaten the official announcement [lol]

Quote:Original post by rfterdarc
is there a changelog on msdn for feb2006?

From what I can see, the Developer Center hasn't been updated yet, so it could be a few hours before the updates appear..

Jack

I can confirm it's "official". There will be an update on the Developer Center this morning. The problem, if you want to call it that, is that the SDK (and other DX downloads) pop up on the RSS feed for recent downloads (feed link below).

The DirectX Developer center, which is my baby, requires a bit more human interaction. I get notified just like you guys once the link goes live (no kidding!). Then I post the additional "What's New" and readme stuff and get it propped to our MSDN people, who review the information to make sure I don't post some terrible political rant or naughty pictures, then it all goes live on MSDN. The update to the DirectX Developer center should be live in about 4-5 hours from now.

And now you know the REST of the story :-)

MSDN Latest downloads link

EDIT: Made the 'latest downloads' a clickable link, it's huge URL broke the page formatting!
David "LetsKillDave" WellerNVIDIA Developer Programs ManagerPersonal blog http://letskilldave.comPersonal Twitterfeed: letskilldaveNVIDIA Developer Announcements Twitterfeed: nvidiadeveloper (clever name, eh? :-)
Advertisement
The link or rss feed didn't work for me :(,
I tested in opera, netscape 8 and IE..
------------------------------------ IDLoco Game Studios
Quote:Original post by idloco
The link or rss feed didn't work for me :(,
I tested in opera, netscape 8 and IE..

Hmm, maybe I broke it when I tried to make it a link [headshake]

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Quote:Original post by dgweller
I get notified just like you guys once the link goes live (no kidding!).

Just so long as you don't have to rely on being notified by us guys [grin]

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Have they ported DirectX runtime to Mac?

From the direct download site:

Supported Operating Systems: Macintosh; TabletPC; ....

Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Well that would be an interesting development. I don't think DX runs on Mac's, nor is it planned to.

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

From the direct download site:

Supported Operating Systems: Macintosh; TabletPC; ....

Oops. We will fix that.

No, the DX runtime is not targeted to the Mac.

David "LetsKillDave" WellerNVIDIA Developer Programs ManagerPersonal blog http://letskilldave.comPersonal Twitterfeed: letskilldaveNVIDIA Developer Announcements Twitterfeed: nvidiadeveloper (clever name, eh? :-)
Haha!
The downloads page lists a few updates to things like DX10 and D3DX, but doesn't mention MDX updates. Surely more has gone into MDX 2.0...
Quote:Original post by trevaaar
The downloads page lists a few updates to things like DX10 and D3DX, but doesn't mention MDX updates. Surely more has gone into MDX 2.0...

The only change to MDX2.0 I've noticed is that Mesh.NumberOfFaces was renamed to Mesh.FaceCount . Other than that, I havn't noticed anything different, though I'm sure some stuff has changed, and something was added. I wonder if the D3DXIntersectTri equivalent is still missing.

[EDIT] looks like Geometry.IntersectTriangle was added, so that's another change :).
Sirob Yes.» - status: Work-O-Rama.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement