Casual vs Dress interview

Started by
25 comments, last by irreversible 12 years, 4 months ago
To be completely honest, I haven't accomplished much with casual. I generally try to present me as they would meet in the office every day. This didn't do the trick so I'm going to have a dress ... I'd rather stay away from the tie, but I've been specifically instructed to get one. I should practice with it...

Previously "Krohm"

Advertisement
For interviews it is always a full suite for me. Your appearance is the first thing that they see, you want to give the most professional image possible.

Remember to mark someones post as helpful if you found it so.

Journal:

http://www.gamedev.net/blog/908-xxchesters-blog/

Portfolio:

http://www.BrandonMcCulligh.ca

Company:

www.gwnp.ca

Go naked. They'll know you think outside the box and are well capable of handling unexpected problems. It will also help them to maintain eye contact.

Carry a briefcase or laptop bag so when you produce a pen to fill out forms or do tests they won't think you're creepy. It also looks more professional.

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

Go naked... so when you produce a pen to fill out forms or do tests they won't think you're creepy.

Thanks for the mental image friend.
Dress up. You don't have to wear a full business suit. A long-sleeve shirt and a tie is good enough for game industry.
Don't wear a tie. Dress up slightly but be comfortable because depending on the type of interview you might be up at a white board for multiple hours.
Speedos.

Speedos.

Just say putting on clothes took too long, so you optimized them out. You could probably mention it's a multi-threaded speedo too.

Saving the world, one semi-colon at a time.

Just say putting on clothes took too long, so you optimized them out. You could probably mention it's a multi-threaded speedo too.

Interviewer: Really? What's the thread count?
You: 800
Interviewer: Nice! Can you start Monday?
Interviewer: Really? What's the thread count?
You: 800
Interviewer: Nice! Can you start Monday?
5652.strip.print.gif

Unfortunately, the interviewer thread gets blocked. First available slice for producing an answer scheduled Sunday, 18 o'clock.

Previously "Krohm"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement