People keep PMing me thinking I'm a moderator... help?

Started by
50 comments, last by Mussi 11 years, 2 months ago

My completely wild guess is maybe they're looking under Moderator section of the "Top Members" where I just so happen to be (currently) #2 (which, by the way, I think these moderator points are kinda lame because the real moderators aren't getting points for actually doing real moderating).

Agreed. I'd really like them renamed to something other than "moderator points".

Then the bigger question is, why do you get points for intentionally posting threads in the wrong section? laugh.png
postedinwrongplace.png
(From to your rating breakdown)

I think we need Mike up in here. That is really pretty funny.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Advertisement

I thought we were all voting for Servant of the Lord as the new mod of GD.net tongue.png

Well now we have you, StormyNature, and SotL. :D

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Then the bigger question is, why do you get points for intentionally posting threads in the wrong section? laugh.png
postedinwrongplace.png

I think we need Mike up in here. That is really pretty funny.

It's the +5 mod points for having a reporting something -- in this case, the text is the name of the PM where the report button was clicked.
According to the report centre, you handled that one yourself ;)
0CCZxVl.png

Yeah I agree with renaming "moderator points". Or maybe in the 'top members' section that lets you view the top "community moderators", we also list the official moderators to avoid confusion?

Also, while we're here, we mods need another option besides completing genuine reports (+5 points to reporter) and deleting spurious reports (-10 points to troll reporter). If someone makes a triple post and asks us to go and delete them, I don't want to give them a reward for it tongue.png (nor a -10 punishment).

Simple solution might be to just bump the real mods to the top of the Moderator ranking list, if the software allows that.

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

Simple solution might be to just bump the real mods to the top of the Moderator ranking list, if the software allows that.

If we are going that route, a longer-term solution is to make actual moderator actions confer mod points. Then we should stay neatly on top of the list.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

completing genuine reports (+5 points to reporter)

You (and JBAdams in another thread) seem to be saying that you get +5 reputation when a moderator sees and fulfills a report (as long as the report is legitimate), but in the past few days, I've made two reports, and the moment I make the report, I get +5 reputation. It doesn't come later, it comes to me on the next page I visit after reporting something.

So I think we're just getting reputation for reporting anything, not getting it the moment a moderator sees the report and deals with the problem (which seems to be what you're saying is supposed to happen).

Unless you moderators are just really fast with fulfilling reports...

[twitter]Casey_Hardman[/twitter]

You get +5 instantly for reporting, but -10 if they (later) decide you made a stupid/frivolous/troll report.

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Ah, I see...so essentially, it's just the same as if they gave +5 for good reports and -5 for bad ones.

I thought it might have been a bug, or the moderators were actually super androids capable of processing reports extremely quickly.

I was leaning more towards the latter (obviously)

[twitter]Casey_Hardman[/twitter]

It is the red text in your avatar. In the corner of the eyes it is an indication that you are a moderator.

postedinwrongplace.png

That image taken out of context is just plain worrisome. You get reputation points not just for posting topics in the wrong section but also for crashing linked lists too? o_O Looks like this is the TDWTF reputation meter.

Hey, somebody had to make the joke =P

Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement