Why trailers are necessary.

Started by
15 comments, last by TheChubu 10 years, 10 months ago

GTA V trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Bf38HiYPMiI

And this is probably the most impressive trailer I've seen in quite some time. It's actually movie quality. The characters are authentic. Everything just comes together so nicely. I almost wish this was a movie and not a game.

So which trailers from movies or games have impressed you?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
Vinewood! Looks like the setting will be San Andreas then.

No shit, you could see vinewood sign even in the trailer which was released more than a year ago...lol

“There are thousands and thousands of people out there leading lives of quiet, screaming desperation, where they work long, hard hours at jobs they hate to enable them to buy things they don't need to impress people they don't like.”? Nigel Marsh

No shit, you could see vinewood sign even in the trailer which was released more than a year ago...lol

This trailer is the first time I've heard of GTA5.

Holy crap dude, get with the times :)

Anyways, I hate that they are only going to release it for PS3 and XBOX 360.

“There are thousands and thousands of people out there leading lives of quiet, screaming desperation, where they work long, hard hours at jobs they hate to enable them to buy things they don't need to impress people they don't like.”? Nigel Marsh

Holy crap dude, get with the times smile.png

I haven't been following it, but I've vaguely surprised they aren't waiting for next gen consoles.

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

Well that also means that a WiiU version has a higher likelihood to be released as well.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

">

To be honest, I get sick of this game along with Call of Duty. Its not so much having a beef with the game itself but the marketing hype for them.

For crying out loud, they've had big displays in game shops for GTA5 since January...and its not even released until September. Then you get all this "pre-order! pre-order!" bullshit that goes with it. Its almost as bad as trying to hype up Christmas Trees for next Christmas on the 26th of December. And what do you get in that time? A sodding poster.

And why would anyone want to pre-order a game anyway? At worst it only sells out for two weeks from the release date. Maximum. Sigh...you kids today...

But anyway, getting out of my grumpy'old'sod shoes...GTA5 looks all right.

Languages; C, Java. Platforms: Android, Oculus Go, ZX Spectrum, Megadrive.

And why would anyone want to pre-order a game anyway? At worst it only sells out for two weeks from the release date. Maximum. Sigh...you kids today...

pre-ordering is a good way to spread out the cost of the game.

other than the recent pre-order bonus bandwagon games have been using lately, it is pretty much pointless. (for example their are atleast 6 places that are within 5-10 mins away from me that all stock new games on day one. and some more just minutes further out).

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement