Retail publisher info

Started by
58 comments, last by Smile 22 years, 1 month ago
I am belgium by the way. But I also got some replies of developers and it''s very bad what they tell. They didn''t received any payment after a couple years. So for me I know enough. And I and the others AP didn''t offend you.
Apology if you think that, but it isn''t.
Advertisement
Thanks John. I appreciate your support. Your invoice was by the way one of the costs I paid for out of my own pocket. It was a corporate assignment but Riza Rahman had no intention of paying you. I don''t want to be smug about this but it was a matter of principle that I commissioned the work and also paid for it after Riza started his usual delay tactics on paying the invoice. His idea of doing business is: "you provided the service before I paid? Tough luck, you are stupid for trusting me!". It''s a matter of honour and principle to me that you and so many others got paid in full

Thanks again,

Alex
Alex,

No problem, you''ve never given me a reason not to trust you and I think if these posts keep going on, people need to hear the positive side as well.

If you ever need something done similar in the future for Xing, drop me an email and I can probablly help you out.

John
quote:Original post by Xing Interactive
Last chance to finally say who you are as it''s mighty brave of you to take a stab at me and my company while hiding behind the anonymous poster status. You play it very personal but I don''t mind that as long as you do it fair by telling me and the other people who you really are. Otherwise you''re really low since I''m the one who backs up his comments with my identity. You know who I am, so bring it on! I can''t say that about you...

This is quit funny. I received of other developers replies that they aren''t paid for there games, they are still waiting.

Also why should I lie. Give me one reason. I invite the other developers at gamedev to contact the referentions. That''s all what I am asking. That''s all. I did the same.

And for the borngamer guy that is another payment then royalty
payments. If I am right you got a flat fee. But it''s no important. ALL the referentions based on contacts of the game developers counts.

Also I contacted the retailers by email, I am interested what they will say. I invite the other developers to do the same.
No problem. I understand that if you still have Crystal Interactive in mind as being one and the same as Alex de Vries or Xing Interactive you can conclude that it is unwise to deal with us. But we are NOT one and the same. I left Crystal Interactive BECAUSE developers never got paid and of course I can''t live off fantastic promises either. Fact is that you judge me for what Riza Rahman of Crystal Interactive has done: cheating developers and employees. That I was one of the victims myself as well hopefully didn''t escape you?

It''s your free choice not wanting to work with us but please check out the facts before you accuse us on a public forum. It''s not just you and me here but a lot of others as well who form opinions based on the accusations and untrue facts you present them with. I don''t blame you for thinking like this but I ask you to think and do some more thorough background checks before you blab it all onto a forum... Thank you
What references are you talking about??? Like I said you have to separate Crystal Interactive from Xing Interactive. We are not one of the same. Just because Crystal Interactive still scam people today and I don''t work there anymore for 8 months or so you still blame me for that??? Isn''t it clear who is the con artist here? Not me. It''''s the guy who is still at Crystal Interactive.

We deal with a number of developers in Xing and if someone hasn''t got a cheque yet then his game hasn''t been published yet. We''re publishers and not magicians for cryin'' out loud! It takes time to launch a product. If someone needs money quickly then go rob a bank but don''t expect your game to sell on tuesday if you gave it to us on monday...
Oh and who is dodging the question here? I asked you who you were and all I get is a story about references...? So? Who are you?
"Just because Crystal Interactive still scam people today and I don''t work there anymore for 8 months or so you still blame me for that??? Isn''t it clear who is the con artist here? Not me. It''''s the guy who is still at Crystal Interactive."

"We deal with a number of developers in Xing and if someone hasn''t got a cheque yet then his game hasn''t been published yet. We''re publishers and not magicians for cryin'' out loud! It takes time to launch a product. If someone needs money quickly then go rob a bank but don''t expect your game to sell on tuesday if you gave it to us on monday..."

I don''t talk about Crystal Interactive, but about Xing Interactive. I am from belgium and or just like the other developers. I don''t know who the other AP is.

Also you talk very strange. I talk about people who aren''t payed after a very long time. Not "tuesday"... And not related with CT but with XI. So check the referentions developers at gamedev!

it''s funny how you say that you don''t work for
them anymore yet....in the following text your
name is there....this is directly from
Crystal Interactives Developers page....
it''s funny how that site gets updated constantly but
not the developer''s page....if you don''t still work
for them....why is your name referenced there?

==============================================================
Working with Crystal Interactive, Inc.
We always try to give our developers the best possible deal for their product. This becomes increasingly difficult in the modern day industry since the market is dominated by huge publicly held companies which spend millions upon millions on advertising and marketing. Shelf space is becoming a valuable commodity and this makes it very hard for any independent publisher to sell-in products without spending a fortune in the process.

This doesn''t mean we won''t try our best. Once you sign with us you have our guarantee that we believe in the product to sell sufficient quantities within a certain category. We will not treat you as "one of the many" nor will we regard any developer as a replaceable workhorse. Our 3rd Party Development Manager Mr. Alex de Vries will always try to keep you up to date on what''s happening with your product and if you have questions you need an answer for right away, we''ll be there to give you one. No secretaries, no appointments but 24/7 service to our development partners.

Crystal Interactive, Inc. also publishes a newsletter for Developers which is sent by E-mail free of charge on a regular basis.

What can we do with your product?
We will publish the product as part of one of our "Crystal Series™" brands. This includes a jewel case release and a boxed release in most cases. In any case your product will also be part of a multi-pack with 4 or 9 other products. This is extra income for every author.

Apart from this we also pursue OEM deals such as bundling games with hardware, cover mounts or other sub-licensing deals. This is not the sort of business we''ll try to do with brand new products, but if the product is a couple of months old we''ll carefully plan an OEM strategy for it. Again extra income for authors.
=========================================================

however i will give you credit, i did buy some
games from compusa budget section that had the Crystal
logo on the cds......
the games were....Astro Assembler on a Standalone CD
and Zenfar....also saw another standalone CD game
i saw Journey''s End but i didn''t buy it cuz the
demo was crappy....
just wondering though....did those developers get paid?
but i know you won''t answer the question cuz you seem
to have a problem answering questions "Directly".

Its always so difficult for me reading these posts, wanting to comment but not wanting to make things worse, encourage lots of emails to me or breach any NDAs...
Basically I think its worth saying that I too have received royalty payments through Alex. Not wallet-bulging amounts admittidly, but I did get my royalty cheques and was always kept informed as to what was happening to my games.
Not all publishers are perfect, in fact some are blatantly ripping people off, and its a big decision to entrust your work to someone in another country.
I hesitate to recommend particular publishers to a developer because I dont want to be responsible if they dont get any joy from them. However I would like to go on the record as saying I think some of the posts that criticise Crystal and Xing are entirely uncalled for.
PLEASE don''t email me asking for details about publishers because I can''t legally say any more (good or bad).
Concentrate on making good games, not arguing with publishers!

http://www.positech.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement