Should I Get An iPod?

Started by
46 comments, last by od1n 19 years, 10 months ago
Quote:Original post by pinacolada
What program does the Nomad Zen use to download music? Hope it's not MusicMatch, I would rather stick forks in my eyes than use MusicMatch.

Anyway, iTunes is an awesome program, so if the two players are really equal in features and price, then that might be a deciding factor.

iTunes does allow me to use media (such as .mp3s and .wmas) that are already ON my computer and use them, right? I don't have to download through iTunes, do I? Also, does it support .wma, or will I have to convert everything?

- CD
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Code_Dark
Quote:Original post by capn_midnight
personally, I use extra flash memory cards in my sony clie pda. MP3 player + PDA + mini-digicam + integrated 802.11b wireless + everything else = far cheaper than each item seperately. Oh, I also found a free graphing calculator program that instantly added $100 value to my pda.

See, I'd use that, except I don't have a Clie.

- CD
I spent $300 on the Clie (peg-tj37 model) and about $80 on a 256MB memory stick, I am quite happy with the investment.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

personally, I use extra flash memory cards in my sony clie pda. MP3 player + PDA + mini-digicam + integrated 802.11b wireless + everything else = far cheaper than each item seperately. Oh, I also found a free graphing calculator program that instantly added $100 value to my pda.

See, I'd use that, except I don't have a Clie.

- CD
I spent $300 on the Clie (peg-tj37 model) and about $80 on a 256MB memory stick, I am quite happy with the investment.

Although that does sound good, I really have no use for a clie aside from its mp3 player. I dont really need a PDA. I think I'll be satisfied with my iPod... but that's a really good deal!

- CD
Whenever I hear of iPods I think of this.

Seriously though, I pretty much follow capt_midnight's example with my own PDA. For about the same price as an Ipod you can have a PDA that does so much more (including play mp3s).
Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.
The Zen's interface / sorting options / playback quality are superior, and it has built in EAX support.

The iPod is significantly smaller, has firewire support, and the button layout kicks ass.

Your call.

---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.

Quote:Original post by Etnu
The Zen's interface / sorting options / playback quality are superior, and it has built in EAX support.

The iPod is significantly smaller, has firewire support, and the button layout kicks ass.

Your call.

I dunno, I kind of like the iPod's interface.

- CD
Quote:
What program does the Nomad Zen use to download music? Hope it's not MusicMatch, I would rather stick forks in my eyes than use MusicMatch.

The proprietary program sucks, but Windows Media Player and MusicMatch Jukebox (and possibly some others) have native support. I personally use Notemad, which is awesome.

---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.

Quote:Original post by pinacolada

Anyway, iTunes is an awesome program, so if the two players are really equal in features and price, then that might be a deciding factor.

iTunes does allow me to use media (such as .mp3s and .wmas) that are already ON my computer and use them, right? I don't have to download through iTunes, do I? Also, does it support .wma, or will I have to convert everything?

- CD

I would think that forcing people to download and buy the thousands of songs they have on their computers would kill Apple's product.
[Slime] I saw a headline on the newspaper today: "Horrific Rape in Alley", or something.[Slime] I was like "Is there any other kind of rape?"[Slime] "HILARIOUS RAPE AS CLOWN SODOMIZED"
did I mention that my Clie has a full color, 320x320, backlit display? The processor is even good enough to run Doom-like games, and I bet the one I played wasn't even coded very well (it had other buggy issues that did not effect the graphics). The ONLY instance where my Clie does not outshine the iPod is in it's memory size, I only have a 256MB flash stick and the iPod has atleast a 15GB harddrive. But come on, who needs 10,000 songs at one time?

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Code, I already answered this above.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement